My Esoteric profile image 88

Why Are Insurers Flocking to Obamacare and Many Rates Coming Down?

In the 10 states where data is available, at least 27 new insurers, including some big ones like United Health Care and Aetna, have said they will join, some at lower rates (Aetna at least) than what is currently available. In the 6 states which have released preliminary rate proposals, all have some of the participating insurers coming in with lower rates.

Larry Wall 3 years ago

You make an excellent point. Companies that had the ability to do market research and sound economic predictions, instead depended on the political rhetoric and the fear factor to make decisions. Now that the program is in place, sanity may set in.

MizBejabbers says

• My Esoteric profile image

My Esoteric 3 years ago

The new rates won't be official until Jan 2015. I have only seen rates for Maine, New Jersey, Ohio, Connecticut, and one other I don't remember at the moment; those are who I am referring to. Hope is competition will do what Rs says it will do.

Larry Wall says

• My Esoteric profile image

My Esoteric 3 years ago

Perfect, thank you Larry.