xmags profile image 90

How come I get this strong urge to overeat when I don't exercise for the day?

PAGING ALL HEALTH BUFFS! I recently committed myself to losing weight and I noticed that when I do exercise, I hardly even reach my calorie goals (always under the goal). But when I don't, I tend to overeat and go way above my daily calorie goal, sometimes even reaching 400-600 + calories. My friend told me it's normally the other way around and that you overeat when you exercise but it doesn't work that way in my case. Please explain. Thanks!

Victoria Anne profile image97

Victoria Anne says

• xmags profile image

Xeng (xmags) 3 years ago

It only happens when I don't exercise. For example I exercise today, I don't get that hungry. But if tomorrow I don't exercise, I'm always hungry. This is why I am thinking of just exercising more regularly.

mikejhca profile image93

Michael H (mikejhca) says

• xmags profile image

Xeng (xmags) 3 years ago

so it's the boredom that makes me do it? :( But I get really hungry when I don't exercise and tend to eat bigger portions. In my case, I have restricted myself to 1200 calories per day and when I don't exercise, I tend to go over this limit.