Penny G profile image 73

Has the Medicated chid thing gone too far?

Do you think that ADD, Hyperactivity disorder in children is too often a quick diagnosis to make the class room more manageable and a quick fix rather than the work that must go into behavior modification. Some call it a fad disease. What are your feelings about medicating children and the long term effects . DO you think this may cause them to be dependent on medication in their adulthood, rather than dealing with life?

Torrs13 profile image95

Tori Canonge (Torrs13) says

• Penny G profile image

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) 3 years ago

I wish we could educate parents to stand up to these teachers , Doctors and be more involved in the decision to medicate a child. So many think they are the experts, but I for one research and challenge a decision when needed.

bethperry profile image91

Beth Perry (bethperry) says

• Penny G profile image

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) 3 years ago

I feel very strongly about this. Medicating a brain that is going through changes cannot be good. Addiction will surely follow them into teen and adulthood.

Kevin Goodwin says

• Penny G profile image

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) 2 years ago

I do think they are quick to CONTROL childrens behavoirs to keep the classroom running smoothly. It is usually the school promoting meds.