Penny G profile image 73

Am I the only one who has in-depth issues with smokers?

These are many: throwing cigarette butts down in other peoples yards, throwing them out the windows, littering, stand too close to you while smoking, causing you to breath their smoke, getting your hair and clothes smelly,getting into your car and smelling like smoke, they are allowed to take more breaks than non smokers,they leave a meal at a restaurant to go out and smoke while others are still eating,smoke before you go in delaying the others from ordering, try to light up in your car or home without asking, assuming it's OK?

Express10 profile image89

Best Answer H C Palting (Express10) says

• Penny G profile image

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) 3 years ago

Yes, it seems they forget we have a right to be smoke free and healthy. I just filed a formal complaint at work for people not following the policy on smoking I filed it a day after it was updated. I demand my rights as a life long non smoker

tsadjatko profile image79

TSAD (tsadjatko) says

• Penny G profile image

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) 3 years ago

I was really impressed by your answer. You are so right. It seems sometimes their rights to impose their bad decision to smoke on others overrides our rights not to. I would not marry a smoker. Period. It would even be a term of dating even.

Aime F profile image86

Aime (Aime F) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 3 years ago

Agreed, on the part about all smokers wishing they could quit. As a smoker I know that I think about it at least once a day. Even with that, complete strangers shouldn't be telling me how to behave unless it is affecting them in some way.

• Penny G profile image

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) 3 years ago

Unfortunately you are not the majority. Wow, that's surprises me you said I don't care if others like it, I know it's bad for me I'm going to keep doing it. That's like saying to your children, don't care if I cut my life short, or set a bad example.