John Sarkis profile image 75

What is having confidence vs. low self esteem?

You're considered crazy if you're grossly obese, yet tell others you're the perfect weight; you're considered crazy if you're driving an old Kia, yet tell others you're driving a brand new Bentley; yet, you're considered to have low self-esteem if you're very unattractive and admitted, instead of telling others that you're good looking! Okay, be it looks are subjective to some degree, - but not that subjective...isn't having self-confidence telling it like it is?

MizBejabbers says

• John Sarkis profile image

John Sarkis 2 years ago

Great hearing from you... The way people look is irreverent (see my answer to dashingscorpio). My point is the way society views us. - Actually, unattractive people oftentimes have higher self-esteem than good looking ones do....

• John Sarkis profile image

John Sarkis 2 years ago

I'm referring to how society views us, not how we view ourselves. You could be so ugly as to make Freddy (N. Elm Street) look like Brad Pitt and still be confident. I'm asking about social stigmas and how unacceptable it is to admit you're ugly.