Gabriel Wilson profile image 91

Do you think a person can put on a lot of weight without really being aware of how fat they are?

I regularly read about men and women who say they put on weight over a period of time and when the finally got weighed (be it a slimming club or the doctors, whatever) or seen a holiday pic they were shocked at how much they weighed or how fat they looked. I'm not being mean, I just find it hard to understand how you can put on so much weight and not feel clothes getting tight or even notcie yourself in the mirror. If you're wearing a size 16+ surely if you used to be a size 10, you must notice yourself changing, not to mention the change in your fitness.

mikejhca profile image87

Michael H (mikejhca) says

• Gabriel Wilson profile image

Gabriel Wilson 3 years ago

Hi mikejhca. That's very interesting what you said: It was like the before and after were different people. I wonder if you might have something there! Tanx for your comment.

kenyaentrepreneur profile image85

Daniel Long (kenyaentrepreneur) says

LoosingIt profile image68

LoosingIt says

• Gabriel Wilson profile image

Gabriel Wilson 3 years ago

I agree with you, and I think denial for many is just another excuse.

teamrn profile image75

teamrn says

• Gabriel Wilson profile image

Gabriel Wilson 3 years ago

Hi, Tanx for your answer. Denial for some I suppose could be one of the answers. It just seems there are so many excuses these days. Very little staying power any more.