Phyllis Doyle profile image 93

Do you pay attention to ergonomics and your time on the computer?

Last time I had a check up with my doctor, he said I have minor curvature of the spine I just realized the other day that when I am on the computer, I ofter rest my left elbow on the desk with my chin on my hand - now that puts me bending far to the left ... hmmm... so my spine is curving that way. I also know that if I do not rest my arms after so many minutes, my wrists get achy and my neck and shoulders tense up. Do you pay attention to your posture when on the computer? Do you do exercises or yoga to help your flexibility and fitness?

chef-de-jour profile image91

Best Answer Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) says

• Phyllis Doyle profile image

Phyllis Doyle Burns (Phyllis Doyle) 2 years ago

Good for you, Chef. You have some great ideas and habits. Yes, maybe a new chair would help. Fortunately I am more aware now of the importance of paying attention to my body's messages and will develop better habits regarding computer time. Thanks.

• Phyllis Doyle profile image

Hi Manatita. I make an herbal liniment that helps. 16 oz. rubbing alcohol, 1oz. ea leaves of eucalyptus, bay, rosemary, 1/2 oz. lobelia in jar with lid for 2 weeks, turn jar ea day end to end. Strain into empty rub alcohol bottle. Label and date.

joween18 profile image81

Joween Flores (joween18) says

• Phyllis Doyle profile image

Hi joween. Good news! I am getting a laptop soon. Thanks for your contribution to the question.

KathyMcGraw2 profile image80

Kathy McGraw (KathyMcGraw2) says

• Phyllis Doyle profile image

Hi Kathy. You are right - every little physical thing we are able to do should be seen as a gift. It is a gift for me to be able to type and create stories, poems, etc. Thanks.