Say Yes To Life profile image 81

A Question about Slut Shaming in High School

What can be done about the situation where a guy dates a girl, then brags to everyone he had sex with her, whether it happened or not? Either way, the girl's reputation is ruined. Or when a bunch of girls gang up on someone who is pretty and spreads malicious rumors about her? Though I've never come across this situation, I understand it still goes on. Fortunately, it's less common among adults, but how can this be prevented in high school? While we're at it, how do we deal with harassment of kids suspected to be gay?

KurliKat profile image60

KurliKat says

• Say Yes To Life profile image

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) 2 years ago

I can see how someone who is accused of such things would become enraged to the point of violence. If the perpetrators know s/he will react that way, that may deter them in the first place.