peeples profile image 93

If you died in your home, how long until someone would find you?

(weird I know). This morning I was thinking if it wasn't for my husband and children, if I died in my home it would probably be months before I was discovered. Then I got on Facebook and saw a story of a woman who died and wasn't found for a year even though her daughter lived in another apartment in the home on another story (floor) of the house. So realistically how long would it take for someone to find you, and are there things we can do so that there is a plan in place if we are not heard from in a certain amount of time?

LongTimeMother profile image98

LongTimeMother says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

Great point, but the alive me wants the dead me to be found before the rotting begins!! I'm sure, of course, the dead me won't mind stinking the place up.

Austinstar profile image86

Lela (Austinstar) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

This was actually my thought. If my husband and I both died at the same time (carbon monoxide or something) we have no one outside the home that would look for us.

Bribery of the niece? Lol good back up plan!

OldRoses profile image96

Caren White (OldRoses) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

That is great that your boss would check on you. Certainly better than being left for a year.

liesl5858 profile image82

Linda Bryen (liesl5858) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

At least your neighbor would care enough to check in on y'all.

simonlivingston profile image60

Simon Livingston (simonlivingston) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

If you didn't have them though are there people outside of your home that would check on you?

B. Leekley profile image89

Brian Leekley (B. Leekley) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

Glad you won't be left for years!

LoisRyan13903 profile image77

LoisRyan13903 says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

Very possible, but the story says the daughter continued to cash checks that came in the mail. So now it's looking like she was leaving her there to collect money.

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

Lol! Well at least the positive to the revolving door is someone to find your dead body!! Haha! Hopefully no time soon!

Joyfulcrown profile image78

Joyfulcrown says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

I read more on it. Daughter might have known the whole time and just not reported.

Awesome Harry says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

Good to know you won't be left for a year!

TheBizWhiz says