cougsam profile image 60

Are you in favor of or against the legalization of marijuana?

As a citizen of Washington State, one of two states with legal marijuana, I'm curious where everyone else is on this issue. In my humble opinion, I think it's time to stop needlessly locking up non violent "criminals" and end this war on drugs. Legalizing marijuana would also likely end the use of the dangerous synthetic marijuana and take some of the power away from the violent drug cartels in Mexico. Thoughts?

Jeremy Gill profile image95

Jeremy Gill says

Larry Wall 2 years ago

I do not know, and if you do, please tell me, how you measure the short and long term of all three items. I know two. I will wait for an answer about the other.

pagesvoice profile image86

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) says

Larry Wall 2 years ago

I was also a teen in the 60s. I worked in a drug store and saw people addicted to uppers, downers, narcotic cough syrup. Back then, drug stores had a license to sell marijuana. It required an official stamp on the package. The law was cleaned up.

Besarien profile image86

Besarien says

• cougsam profile image

Sam (cougsam) 2 years ago

That's a very good point on binge eating. With heart disease being the largest cause of death in the US you could make a pretty good case that fast food like McDonald's is worse for someone than Marijuana.

Tusitala Tom profile image66

Tom Ware (Tusitala Tom) says

• Besarien profile image

Besarien 2 years ago

I agree with regulation. My son is 14. He is smart enough not to do drugs. He tells me the hardest things for his classmates to get hold of are cigarettes and alcohol. No one cards for marijuana or LSD.

Larry Wall says

• cougsam profile image

Sam (cougsam) 2 years ago

I think most people expect regulations and rules against impaired driving. As far as growth substances, age limits and quality control go legalization would be a massive improvement. You think illegal growers are concerned about these things?