peeples profile image 88

Letters to be read upon death?

Do any of you have letters you have written to be opened when you die? If so would you be willing to share if you just write the basic love stuff or what else you might include in them? (ps I hate being an adult and having to do these kind of things!)

• peeples profile image

Peeples 23 months ago

I agree the legal side needs to be explained. I broke down how to deal with the Social security to get death benefits should I pass while my kids are still young. Damn this grown up stuff! Lol!

Kylyssa profile image94

Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) says

• tsmog profile image

Tim Mitchell (tsmog) 23 months ago

I too have a Master File on my PC for making any transition easy for the executor of my estate. I have like you suggested all the accounts listed with passwords and links how to close them. Plus, a PDF copy of my will is there+easy to read inventory

• Kylyssa profile image

Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) 23 months ago

I'd suggest you research the laws in your state if you wish to be cremated or have anything else non-traditional done with your remains. We had to collect notarized statements from relatives to cremate my dad despite his written wish to be cremated.

MizBejabbers says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 23 months ago

A family tree is a neat idea also. My children are still young so I am sure I will have to revise as they become adults. Thanks!

• peeples profile image

Peeples 23 months ago

Very cool! I want to be cremated and tossed in the river while my husband plays Free Bird with only the closest to me there. I wanted to make sure it was all step by step written out so my husband doesn't have to remember all that. Thanks for answer!