My mom died 2004,two years later,my dad too. After all these years, I still miss them. There are lots of things that I wish I could have done more.
Some of this things are:
1. I wish I could have been there when my mother was suffering from her sickness (diabetes). I was then away from my parents struggling with a failing marriage.
2. I wish I could have shown more concern and called them more often.
3. Until now, i still regret getting married at an early age. I could have made my parents much happier if I had finished my studies.
4. Now, having my own children and experiencing that sense of fulfillment when my my children gives me money from their salary, I wish I did that to my parents.
5.I wish I could have been more open to discuss to my parents how my life was going. For so long a time I have kept secret what was truly going on with my life, like how my husband was treating me and that I was being battered.
6.I also feel that I failed to give them my responsibilities as a daughter. Little things, such as taking care of them when they are sick or just simply listening to their sentiments.
7.I was so busy wishing for them to understand me and my situation, that I have failed to give them my understanding too. I wish I took time to understand that with old age they become more and more sensitive and demanding of my time.
8.Accept it or not I was the black sheep of the family. I wish I could have said sorry for the things that I have done and for the things that I have failed to do.
9.My father died of depression due to my mother's passing away, I wish I could have eased his pain. I wish I could have provided more support and sympathy for his loss rather than sulking in mine.
10. And lastly but most importantly, I wish I could have told them that I love them. In my heart I know that I love them, it was too late when I realized that love should be not only shown but declared as well. This could have given them assurance that I still need them in my life no matter how old I may be. I wish I could have told them that I will always want them and need them in my life.
I guess it is too late for these things now, but in my heart I am hoping, that wherever they are today, they could see me and hear me when I say that I miss them so much and that I love them so dearly, and most of all, that I am okay now. That I have surpassed that stage of life wherein they have hurt so much for me.