Glenn Stok profile image 97

What is the greatest challenge you've ever had?

If you had something happen in your life that was an extreme challenge for you, discuss what you did to overcome it.

• Glenn Stok profile image

Glenn Stok 22 months ago

You have a positive attitude and you have a strong will to survive. That has been, and will continue to be, the reason for your success.

TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91

TIMETRAVELER2 says

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 21 months ago

What a nice attitude to have . It really is the best way to live your life. Just keep trying.

Austinstar profile image80

Austinstar says

• Glenn Stok profile image

Glenn Stok 22 months ago

You have a strong will for survival. The victim mentality can only hold people back. It's great that you overcame that! Good for you! You really made something of yourself despite a terrible beginning.

connorj profile image82

John Connor (connorj) says

• Glenn Stok profile image

Glenn Stok 22 months ago

John, you sure had an amazing doctor and it's wonderful that he practiced at the hospital where you were admitted. To be in a coma for 30 days and then to recuperate and relearn how to function is truly an amazing challenge. I'm glad you're back.

Billie Kelpin profile image92

Billie Kelpin says

• Glenn Stok profile image

Glenn Stok 22 months ago

The magnitude of your experience is just as important to share as all the others. No need to feel guilty or ashamed to share. Your desire to share in hopes of helping others is a positive reflection on your true kindness and good nature.

Glenn Stok profile image97

Glenn Stok says

Lisa HW profile image83

Lisa HW says

• Glenn Stok profile image

Glenn Stok 22 months ago

I can't overlook these things either. It's hard for me to bite my tongue when I need to speak up. But if it's going to hurt someone else, I'd rather just walk away. Unfortunately the other person is left alone to make their lives worse.

Readmikenow profile image91

Readmikenow says

• Say Yes To Life profile image

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) 21 months ago

I was robbed twice in one week - once at gunpoint. It was work relsted. I worked in a convenience store.

liesl5858 profile image81

Linda Bryen (liesl5858) says

• Glenn Stok profile image

Glenn Stok 22 months ago

Life does have a way of going on, as you said. The timing was terrible, just when you completed your education you had to make an about face and become a carer for everyone. You deserve a lot of credit for doing that. Sorry about your mom.

Say Yes To Life profile image86

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) says

• Glenn Stok profile image

Glenn Stok 22 months ago

A negative background can set anyone on a difficult path. No doubt about it. It's good you are proactive with seeking knowledge. Too many people prefer to remain ignorant instead, although their circumstances may be the reason for it.

Raam G says

• TIMETRAVELER2 profile image

TIMETRAVELER2 21 months ago

I used to teach ESOL and can tell you that what you went through was typical. Great job against tough odds. Keep up the good work!

Kristen Howe profile image86

Kristen Howe says

• Glenn Stok profile image

Glenn Stok 22 months ago

Sorry to her about the lose of your mother. I am sure your mother is looking down and seeing your accomplishments with being independent and also proud of you.

swilliams profile image83

Emunah La Paz (swilliams) says

• Glenn Stok profile image

Glenn Stok 21 months ago

I know exactly what you mean. I feel that writing is a never ending process too. I'm always learning something new about how to be successful with it. And I'm also always finding ways to improve prior articles that I have written.

• Glenn Stok profile image

Glenn Stok 22 months ago

I hope you get that chance to take care of your 'own' needs for a change.

sandrawelch says

• Say Yes To Life profile image

Amazing! Congratulations!

Jackie Lynnley profile image79

Jackie Lynnley says

padmendra profile image4

PADMENDRA S R (padmendra) says

• Glenn Stok profile image

Glenn Stok 21 months ago

Very good observation of all the other answers. I agree 100%.

Dale Mazurek profile image62

Dale Mazurek says

• Glenn Stok profile image

Glenn Stok 21 months ago

That should be an interesting hub Dale. Feel free to answer this Q&A again and select the option to create a hub as an answer so we all can find it.

Jlbowden profile image81

James Bowden (Jlbowden) says

• Glenn Stok profile image

Glenn Stok 22 months ago

Hi Jim, good to see you around. I never had a long distance relationship, so I can't offer an opinion. Based on your present relationship, you are the expert. I look forward to seeing your hub on the pros and cons and every aspect of what's involved.