Billie Kelpin profile image 92

If you're a person who carries great sadness, how do you stop yourself from thinking about it?

What are strategies you use to cope with the sadness and regret of your life? Everyone experiences grief and some people can go past it. Keeping yourself busy with productive, meaningful work and thinking of others seems to be the answer to grieving, but sometimes some grief is just too hard to get past for some people. Do you have any magic solutions?

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 2 years ago

Paula, Thank you for sharing that. I especially like the approach of simply accepting that I am one of those individuals where the grief is integral part of me. Constantly resisting what something is, takes more energy than accepting it Thank you!

themiddlechild profile image61

Sharon-Rose Vice (themiddlechild) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 2 years ago

Sharon-Rose Vice, I did find a new counselor. (My old one didn't take Medicare and we lost our insurance when my husband retired. I'd be interested in a hub article about the foods. I'll have to check if you have one. Cheers and thank you!

Edward J. Palumbo profile image90

Ed Palumbo (Edward J. Palumbo) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 2 years ago

LOL! I do think humor is a great way of coping (maybe punching yourself in the ribs - not so much!) You made me smile! Thanks, J

Fahad ansari12 profile image37

fahad ansari (Fahad ansari12) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 2 years ago

Fahad, Thank you! very helpful...1. You're right. There are positives that came out of my experience. 2. I haven't written about the sadness in a personal way for a long time. After your suggestion, I think I'll do that., You're very kind.

jagjou profile image53

jagadees Narayan (jagjou) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 2 years ago

Jagadees - I think the "going through" not "not going over" - a very nice image - Thank you!