JasonCooley1123 profile image 60

What do you feel is the leading cause of juvenile diabetes and onset Type One Adult Diabetes?

There are more to eating habits that can lead into the disease diabetes with out being over weight or eating sweets. Diabetes is treatable or preventable by eating three proportional meals a day and a healthy lite snack in between meals, and walk at least a mile a day. These are a very few things to start with in preventing diabetes!, now there is a ton more info I have for you. I my self have been a diabetic for 8 yrs and am now on the pump so have a bit of knowledge in this for those wanting to prevent this disease or help with new diabetics on any issue, my facts are basses truth.

Kylyssa profile image98

Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) says

• Kylyssa profile image

Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) 2 years ago

Please note the word 'plenty' was a poor word choice because it could be taken to mean enough. I meant to say the body produces normal amounts of insulin but becomes unable to use it properly. It's a little like suffering from thirst in the ocean.

brakel2 profile image81

Audrey Selig (brakel2) says

Larry Fields profile image81

Larry Fields says

• Kylyssa profile image

Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) 2 years ago

I could have worded that better and 'plenty' was a bad word choice. I should have said that the body still makes a normal amount of insulin, it stops being able to use the insulin it has efficiently, requiring much more insulin to do the same job.

Faceless39 profile image95

Faceless39 says