SpiritusShepherd profile image 60

Do you find yourself referring to yourself as we?

I often find myself thinking "We need to do this", even though I am only talking about myself. Do you find yourself doing this? Do you think it is simply because you are used to thinking with a group mentality? Or maybe you mean you "whole-self" i.e speaking of you mind, spirit and body? Or maybe you have just watched Lord of the Rings to many times?

Jewels profile image81

Jewels says

• Sufi Poet profile image

John Evans (Sufi Poet) 22 months ago

Great response !!!

ketage profile image85

ketage says

• SpiritusShepherd profile image

Kris (SpiritusShepherd) 22 months ago

XD

I have just been wondering if anyone else has this habit and how they explain it. I think everyone is slightly egotistical, honestly. Nothing to be ashamed of haha

Norine Williams says

Sufi Poet profile image61

John Evans (Sufi Poet) says

• SpiritusShepherd profile image

Kris (SpiritusShepherd) 22 months ago

Thank you John! I believe I might use it to refer to my "whole self", such as when I use "we" my mind is telling my body and spirit, "this is what we need to get done today". Perhaps another form of talking to oneself.