SpiritusShepherd profile image 59

Do you find yourself referring to yourself as we?

I often find myself thinking "We need to do this", even though I am only talking about myself. Do you find yourself doing this? Do you think it is simply because you are used to thinking with a group mentality? Or maybe you mean you "whole-self" i.e speaking of you mind, spirit and body? Or maybe you have just watched Lord of the Rings to many times?

Jewels profile image83

Jewels says

• Sufi Poet profile image

John Evans (Sufi Poet) 2 years ago

Great response !!!

ketage profile image81

ketage says

• SpiritusShepherd profile image

Kris (SpiritusShepherd) 2 years ago

XD

I have just been wondering if anyone else has this habit and how they explain it. I think everyone is slightly egotistical, honestly. Nothing to be ashamed of haha

Norine Williams says

Sufi Poet profile image60

John Evans (Sufi Poet) says

• SpiritusShepherd profile image

Kris (SpiritusShepherd) 2 years ago

Thank you John! I believe I might use it to refer to my "whole self", such as when I use "we" my mind is telling my body and spirit, "this is what we need to get done today". Perhaps another form of talking to oneself.