Annsalo profile image 84

Long term health risks of drinking a bottle of Tabasco a day?

I've gotten in the habit of consuming a bottle of Tabasco sauce a day. Are there any health issues with this? Is the saying that if you eat too much spicy food you will get an ulcer true?

Digital MD profile image92

LM Gutierrez (Digital MD) says

RNMSN profile image89

Barbara Bethard (RNMSN) says

• Annsalo profile image

Annsalo 16 months ago

I like the taste. Been doing most of my life, recently though I'm doing it more to avoid smoking because I'm trying to quit. There really isn't anything more psychological other than taste and good quitting technique.

lisavollrath profile image93

Lisa Vollrath (lisavollrath) says

• Annsalo profile image

Annsalo 16 months ago

I had read that capsaicin was good for me, but like all things good for us I wondered if the lack of moderation may be an issue. I'm definitely use to consuming it though so hopefully not any issues. Thank you!