(1) into poverty. Children born into poverty has FAR LESS opportunities & advantages than children born into affluence. Poverty negatively impacts on children physically, mentally, emotionally, psychologically, & even psychically. In fact, parents who WILLINGLY & KNOWINGLY have children born into poverty are child abusers of the very worst kind.
(2) into large families. Children born into large families have a hard go of it. They don't receive adequate parental attention, care, & love. They must raise themselves &/or each other. They receive inferior or no medical/health care, consume inferior quality food, have NO exposure to cultural & intellectual activities, & must do without, even the most rudimentary things. Neglect is quite rife in large families as parents cannot adequate spend quality time w/a large brood of children.
(3) into soul-destroying households. Children need to be encouraged, not told that their aspirations & dreams are too fantastical but must be "more realistic" & "more practical".
(4) into authoritarian households. Children need to be encouraged to think independently & to be individuals in their own right.
(5) to parents who devalue them. There are parents who want their children to be replicas of them; such parents refuse to believe that their children are unique individuals.
(6) to parents who aren't ready to be parents. Parents should be prepared to be parents. They should also be mature enough to understand the responsibilities of parenthood.
(7) to parents who DON'T want them. Children should be wanted. Unwanted children are more likely to be abused &/or neglected than children who are wanted.
(8) to selfish & narcissistic parents. Such people shouldn't be parents at all. Parenting is ABOUT THE CHILDREN. Parenting is not a SELFIE!
(9) to uneducated parents. Such parents don't have the tools to fully educate & prepare their children.
(10) to immature parents. Parenting is a responsibility. Only GROWN-UPS need apply!