Why can't they make hearing-aid batteries last longer and a lot cheaper?

It really disturbs me to know that those who are on a limited income and they really can't afford to keep batteries in their hearing aids because the hearing aid batteries only last usually two days! A woman who I used to work with was hearing impaired and she just couldn't afford to keep buying batteries for her hearing aids! It is just a sad reality that those who need them can't afford to keep buying hearing aids. Today's technology should be able to make batteries, especially hearing aid batteries, that last a long time. There is no excuse in my mind. What do you think?

Jackie Lynnley profile image91

Jackie Lynnley says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Yes, that is just so wrong and greedy when you know they can makes batteries that last. My husband has a hearing loss and his batteries run out every other day. We are blessed as he does get his from the V A due to his military service.

Sparklea profile image75

Sparklea says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Yes, Sparklea, I think greed is at the heart of all of this, which is sad. You're so right about everything being made to break in a couple of years so you have no choice but to buy new! It should be a crime.

B. Leekley profile image90

Brian Leekley (B. Leekley) says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Wow, Brian, Thank you for sharing all of the great information here! The only thing else I can come up with is for churches and non-profit organizations to purchase them in bulk and give then away to those who really need them.

Jim Davin profile image76

James Davin (Jim Davin) says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Yes, James, I do think that is the bottom line here ...greed. Maybe churches and nonprofits can buy them in bulk and give them away to those who really need them. Thank you for answering.