1st pregnancy, 8+2 weeks, advised there is a sac and fetal pole but no heart beat.

My last cycle began March 20th, I should be 8 weeks 2 days. I started spotting on Friday, was told it was common, it got progressively worse but never very heavy, no cramps. Went to EPU and had a trans vaginal scan I'm was told there was a sac and fetal pole but no heartbeat. I've been sent home for 'nature to take over' still just light ish brownish bleeding. I have to go back in 2 weeks to have a D&C if it hasn't come away naturally. I'm so sad and dont want to cling onto false hope but Ive read stories on here and am wondering if there could be another reason the baby hasn't developed yet?

AshtonFirefly profile image80

AshtonFirefly says

NatalieWizzle 17 months ago

Thank you for your response. I feel so upset today, part of me feels like I'm being disillusioned and clutching at straws and the other part wants someone to be 100%.

I think I'm going to contact the GP and request my bloods are taken for hCG levels

Sandi Kroeger profile image83

Sandi Kroeger says

Cissy1946 says

NatalieWizzle 17 months ago

Thanks Cecelia, I'm going to get my hCG levels checked. Will update you.x