Kylyssa profile image 98

At what temperature is a fever cause for an adult to see a doctor or go to the emergency room?

If you look online for information about what temperature constitutes a fever high enough to seek medical treatment for an adult, you'll find a ton of information about fevers in children and little about fever in adults, much of which is conflicting. At what temperature of fever should an adult automatically seek medical care and at what temperature should they go to the ER instead of just making a doctor appointment?

Aime F profile image86

Aime (Aime F) says

• Kylyssa profile image

Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) 17 months ago

I get frequent fevers and have a few acquaintances who think anything over 102 is grounds to make me go to the ER and I don't. Thank you for answering.

Sandi Kroeger profile image81

Sandi Kroeger says

• Kylyssa profile image

Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) 17 months ago

Thank you so much! I have lupus and frequently get fevers above 102 and I have a few acquaintances who panic every time my fever is their idea of high. I can't go running to the ER every time my illness just does what it does!