Say Yes To Life profile image 88

What is the best part of being old? What is the worst?

For me, the worst is losing my health and becoming incapacitated. The best is the huge collection of wisdom, memories, and a long lists of "firsts" I get to experience (first microwave, first iPod, etc.). P.S. Regarding the photo, my plan is to do my first skydive on my 60th birthday, and advance to wingsuit flying. I find the older I get, the fewer things scare me.

Diana Lee profile image81

Diana L Pierce (Diana Lee) says

• Say Yes To Life profile image

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) 11 months ago

So sorry to hear of the loss of your husband, followed by the stock market crash! It affected me too; fortunately, I was able to recover. It's great that you have grandchildren to keep you going. I'll have to get to know other people's; I have none.

gmwilliams profile image84

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

• Say Yes To Life profile image

In the US, a person is considered a "senior citizen" at age 65. Insulting birthday cards start much younger. When I turned 40, I discovered on my own it has many benefits. I have since been told there are benefits at ALL ages - including old / SAGE.

gregas profile image76

Greg Schweizer (gregas) says

• Say Yes To Life profile image

If I lived in a big beautiful palace, I'd enjoy staying home a lot and entertaining. It might be fun for my house to be the place to go for parties. That's another thing to look forward to when I retire and have more time.

Cissy1946 says

• Say Yes To Life profile image

Yes, not having to go to work anymore is DEFINITELY something I'm looking forward to! My career has been the cause for my 3 nervous breakdowns. I'll be 56 in a month, and still enjoy excellent health. Enjoying old age takes PLANNING!