Jackie Lynnley profile image 79

Have you had your shingles vaccination yet? If not, do you plan to?

Shingles is a viral infection causing a painful rash. Though it can occur anywhere on your body, it most often appears as a single stripe of blisters wrapping around either the left or the right side of the torso. Shingles is caused by the varicella-zoster virus; virus that causes chickenpox. Once you've had chickenpox, the virus lies inactive in nerve tissue near your spinal cord & brain & may years later reactivate as shingles. Recommended for 60 up. While it isn't a life-threatening condition, shingles can be very painful. Vaccines can help reduce the risk of shingles. Your thoughts?

lisavollrath profile image93

Lisa Vollrath (lisavollrath) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 5 months ago

Wow, glad mine was covered. I would so hate to get that. Talked to so many says it is so bad! I did have a reaction to it but that is how it goes with me but still so glad I got it. Just had some rash at the shot site for a few days.

• DreamerMeg profile image

DreamerMeg 5 months ago

Very often, it seems to strike when someone has been under stress or their immune system weakened.

DreamerMeg profile image83

DreamerMeg says

annart profile image89

Ann Carr (annart) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 5 months ago

Didn't know it could happen more than once. I have heard so much bad from ppl who got it or their spouses and I sure would never want it. Par for course I had allergic reaction but it was short lived, still glad I got it.

Rachel L Alba profile image84

Rachel L Alba says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 5 months ago

Rachel I only get the pneumonia one because that seems something people are dying from, even the rich and wealthy, so I just figure it is not something I want to take a chance on but really I do not completely trust the idea of any injections....

Michael-Milec profile image62

Michael-Milec says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 5 months ago

Hm, well wish I had your faith Michael. I think God is behind good doctors and medicine too though. I thank Him for them regardless and all the good things that make life better.