According to the FDA (2015), after lens replacement surgery, some of the precautions you will have to take include the following:
1) Making sure to wash your hands well before putting drops or other medication in your eye.
2) Use medications as prescribed to aid in minimizing the risk of infection and inflammation. Serious infection or inflammation can lead to vision loss.
3) Not getting water in your eyes until your doctor says it is okay to do so.
4) Not bending over from the waist (for example, to pick up objects on the floor) or lifting heavy objects. This can lead to undue pressure to your eyes.
5) Not engage in any strenuous activity until your doctor says it is okay to do so.