cathylynn99 profile image 74

my mom's doc wants to put her on aricept, even though she has severe COPD. what do you think?

the doctors at public citizen warn against it because of the modest benefit, many side effects, and high price. even in the monograph on medscape, the APA says no drugs is often the best way to go. so far i have been able to prevent aricept use, but the doctor is adamant, as if i am questioning his judgment. do you think i am seeing drug company influence? by the way, if my mom has alzheimers, it's mild for now. she takes her pills my sister puts in a pillbox for her. she doesn't neglect personal habits. she does forget things that have happened recently and makes up stuff to cover for it.

Jillian Barclay profile image85

Jillian Barclay says

Dr Ken Romeo profile image60

Dr Ken Romeo says