- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
Don't Let Acne Affect More Than Your Skin
Yes, it’s easy to get depressed because you’ve got acne or one form of skin blemish or the other, but you know what? You are not alone. There are millions of people that have acne everywhere in the world but some deal with the situation differently from others.
While some who suffer from acne go about their daily lives without a care in the world about their skin condition, there are others who let the condition get to them and even affect them psychologically.
There is no doubt that its presence all over the face, neck, and (with some) shoulders is enough to affect your self-esteem and erode your confidence but you don’t want it to go deeper and affect you psychologically just as you don’t need to fall into depression or become a recluse of sorts.
If your acne is causing a bad effect in your life, if it makes you feel depressed, less than perfect, or highly embarrassed, you need to help yourself by first ensuring you are treating your acne as a must-do regimen, and secondly, learn how to cope with your situation.
You need to challenge yourself mentally (it’s not as difficult as it sounds) and understand that there is something you can do about it.
Do You Know There Are Millions Who Suffer from Acne?
Do you know that as high as 75% of teenagers and those in their twenties have mild to acute acne and out of this large number, over half of them have tried various over-the-counter drugs, medicines, creams, and potions and while many have been successful with their treatments, others just give up!
Patience and perseverance are required if you want to successfully treat pimples, acne, and acne scars. Don’t allow yourself to become affected psychologically and end up needing expensive help.
How to Avoid the Negative Effects of Acne
- Acne need not change your character - Life is tough enough without having to worry about bad skin. So, to avoid becoming depressed and developing a low-regard of yourself, accept the fact and believe you’ll cure it eventually.
- Boost your confidence - Don't waste energy feeling sorry for yourself because you don’t need that. Put the energy into better use by following a treatment regimen for your skin. Don’t lose confidence because if you do, you will fail. Boost your confidence by making sure you still look good, dress stylishly and care less about it all.
- Stop imagining things - Remember, no one is staring at you. Most of the time, acne sufferers feel that people stare. Trust me, most have their own issues to deal with. You are hardly their worries. So, stop imagining things!
- Be accepting - Facial blemishes can be a bother but you’ll more than likely outgrow them. Accept the fact that you have blemished skin and remind yourself that your daily treatment will be worthwhile at the end of it all. Remember, you are not alone. Acne sufferers abound.
- Be optimistic – Your condition will not last all your life so just to do things that'll take care of clearing your acne. Be optimistic and believe there is always a right remedy that’ll work for you. Don’t get tired of trying, researching about treatments, and don’t forget there are inexpensive natural remedies that can clear acne.
- Be educated about your condition - Read up regularly about and take notes of new discoveries. Talk to your parents, guardian, or older siblings about needing a cure. If your case is chronic, then make sure you see a dermatologist. improved treatments to cure acne
- Patience and perseverance - You will eventually find good products that will work but you have to persevere and be patient because your treatment may last longer than you expect. But once you get started, stick with it and persevere. Meanwhile, think pleasant thoughts, imaging your blemish-free face and don't stress yourself out.
- Exercise – Exercise is not only good for the body, it is also great for a troubled mind. Practice stress relieving deep breathing exercises that help to fill your lungs and enrich your veins with oxygen. Good supply of oxygen will help to accelerate healing as well.
- Sleep well – Don’t worry too much because you have acne. Worrying may cause sleeplessness and lead to psychological problems, something you don’t need. So make sure you get a good night’s sleep going by the recommended allowance for your age group.
- Don’t worsen your situation - Resist the urge to 'pop' your pimples and never let friends squeeze them for you either because irritating your pimples may worsen into chronic acne. This means - don’t touch your face with your fingers even if you think they are clean.
- Stay confident and be happy at all times – Have a positive mindset at all times and train yourself to believe that acne will soon be a thing of the past. Socialise with people that appreciate you and make you happy. Have fun with pets (if you have any) and if you don’t have one, consider getting a pet at home. Their unconditional love and constant presence are very therapeutic for the mind.
Good Skin Care Helps Boost Your Moral
If you don’t take good care of your acne and pimples, you will increase the chances of inflammation which will worsen your condition and make you upset, so it is important that you take care of your skin constantly. It is an essential regimen you can’t afford to miss.
If you routinely care for your skin, your condition will improve and that’s good for your mind. And though treatment may take a while, your acne will likely be a thing of the past eventually, sometimes sooner than you expect as long as you make it a daily routine to keep your skin free from dirt and oils and exfoliate regularly to get rid of dead skin.
Find gentle products to clean, tone and moisturise your face, and ensure you wash and clean your face at least twice a day, depending on how bad your condition is.
When you continue your acne treatment, seeing even the slightest improvement builds your confidence and will help you and avoid the psychological effects having acne may cause. develop your self-esteem
RESULTS OF PROFESSIONAL THERAPY MAY COME FASTER, ALBEIT COSTLY. DO YOU THINK IT'S WORTH THE COST?
Always remember this quote: "Try to change something you don't like, and if you really can't change it, change your attitude towards it".
Think about ways to change your attitude - Develop self-confidence. Be happy and thankful for the good things in your life. Love. Develop self-esteem. Stay positive. Keep to your facial treatment.
© 2009 viryabo