My Personal Breastfeeding Advice
My personal story
Welcome to my breastfeeding tips lens!
Here you can find my personal advice! I'm a mother of a wonderful baby boy and I can say that I was very into breastfeeding. I loved nursing and did it until my son was one and a half years old! It's an amazing time and opportunity to spend time with my baby! What about you?
Please remember I'm not a doctor. Please talk to your doctor or lactation specialist if you are not sure about something!
I'd like to share with you on how to Breastfeed in Public and How to Survive the First Month of Breastfeeding; discuss the advantages and disadvantages of it (for undecided moms); read about Breast feeding movement and how to breastfeed when adopting.
- Take care about your breasts. Keep them warm!
- Buy some nipple cream! Very handy!
- Get leaflets from your doctor.
- Don't stress out! Less stress - more milk!
- Join breastfeeding group. It helps a lot! I joined one and came to conclusion that I was lucky and my baby wasn't so fussy at all.
- Subscribe to baby care email newsletter! Delivered straight to you every day/week/month.
- Get a baby application for your phone.
- Follow your instinct when nursing. Observe! Analyze previous feed and make conclusions.
- Drink a lot of water. Drink enough to satisfy thirst.
- Take after pregnancy vitamins suitable for breastfeeding.
- Watch your diet! Whatever you eat, your baby has it as well!
- Try all positions! Tip: Lie and breastfeed at the evening. Baby will be relaxed.
Foremilk & Hindmilk?
The thin milk produced during the first few minutes of sucking. It's a thirst relieving milk. More water content.
The milk with more calories & fat content.
What worked for me?
Each boob feeding time is 2.5 to 3 hours. Then I change to another. This way baby gets foremilk and hindmilk! This was the best ever advice from my lactation lady called Ann Troy.
Beautiful nursing covers - one thing I never got but really like it now
Have you ever had your nipples bitten while nursing? If yes, How would you rate the problem?
Don't forget to invest in a good quality & comfortable bra! Buy comfortable nursing clothes like nursing bra and tops.
Lansinoh nipple cream is a must have!