Baby Growth Stages during Pregnancy
Pregnancy Stages and its importance
Child growth during pregnancy is more important that every parent should know. This knowledge should be known to husbands too since they are only the care takers of their wife. Every wife should be aware of this information to avoid any false information supplied by neighbor. This usually happens. Everybody around us tell different opinions for pregnant women and they will end in confusion only. These kind of general information about pregnancy and baby growth sure will add knowledge and confidence for delivering a good child.
Symptoms of pregnancy
Some of the important Pregnancy Symptoms
Here are some important pregnancy symptoms which each girl should know.
1. Menstruation delay.
2. Breasts will get swollen
3. Body Tiredness and slight body pain
4. Morning Sickness
5. Vomit sensation
6. Increase in urination frequency
7. Fatigue feeling
Till 4th week the fetal development is considered as the beginning growth of the baby. From 4th week until 10th week only the organs of the baby will begin its functions. This is the important stage and during this time only mother should take care of her health. She should not do heavy works like lifting weights etc. She should be more cautious. She should not travel for long distances. Actually in this stage only a mother can confirm her pregnancy. She can do home pregnancy tests for which strips are available now a days in almost all medical shops.
During 8th week only the fingers of baby will start growing. Eyes will be visible slightly with eye lids closing the eyes. Especially the brain nerve cells will start growing and will start connecting to each other to form the network. Mother may feel slight fatigue and tiredness in this stage and it is due to the hormonal change only and there is no need to worry at all....!
From 12th week the baby will start moving its fingers and mother can slightly feel this sometimes...! It is a good experience for each mother to feel the movement of baby and this happens during this stage only. The mouth of the baby will start doing sucking movements. The face of the baby at this stage only resemble a human face. Ears will start growing rapidly from this stage. The optimum size of the baby will be about 2 inches during 12th week.
The optimal size of the baby at 20th week is about 6.5 inches. The baby will start swallowing process from this week and this is very useful for digestive system of the baby. Mother will start gaining more weight at this stage. From this stage, mother is considered that she has crossed the "risky" stage of deforming embryo. Because from 20th week the baby will become more stronger and deformation will not happen and there are very least probability for this negative thing.
At this stage baby will be about 15 inches long. The volume of baby will become more bigger and it becomes difficult for the baby to move inside the womb. The eyesight will improve rapidly from this stage. The mother will feel more tired in this stage mainly due to increased weight of the baby. Sometimes even mother may feel depression symptoms and definitely they need to consult doctor in such situations.
The baby in 38th week will be approximately about 18 to 19 inches long. All the organs of the baby have grown up to the most possible extent and the baby will be fully matured at this stage and ready to enter into the real world. Mother should be ready for delivery at any time because sometimes early delivery is possible. At this stage only swelling on hands and legs are possible and there is no need to worry for this change. But consult doctor if swelling is more and causes high pain.
Baby will not stay inside the mother after 41st week. Mostly deliveries will happen at this stage and in some cases it extent to 42nd week. Labor pain may come at any stage. Now a days in hospitals doctors takes mother for a Labor tour in which the mother can learn about the hospital construction, facilities, Labor room, delivery procedure etc. This is more essential for mother to build confidence during delivery. Mother should feel free and should not get afraid in this period. Though delivery is little painful, there is no major risk involved since lot of easy methodologies are now being adopted during deliveries.
Pregnancy Symptoms - It is easy to find out
Many of us think that it requires special medical analysis for detecting pregnancy. Here are some useful tips which women can know about symptoms of pregnancy.
- Missing Menstrual Cycle: This is the most significant indication of pregnancy. If your regular cycle is missing, then just confirm it after 10 days from your regular Menstrual day.
- Sick in Morning: This is also an another important sign of pregnancy. You will feel very lazy to wake up during initial stages of pregnancy.
- Frequent passage of urine: If you pass urine very frequently, then just confirm with a doctor whether you are pregnant or not.
Born Baby Care Videos, Pregnancy videos
This video will be useful to you..! Just watch this...!
And definitely the 3D video will be very good to watch..! I added Johnson's Baby Care Channel of You Tube also. Also the new added video is "How to bath a baby". Very useful for new mothers.
Important Nutritional food for mother
It is more important that the mother should consume nutritional food when the fetal is inside stomach. Some important points a pregnant woman should note are given here.
- Women during pregnancy consumes additional energy and this is mainly for fetal growth. So it is important for women to eat healthy food during pregnancy.
- Pregnant women need about 75 grams of protein per day. This is usually 25 grams more than the others regular women.
- Fish, Eggs, nuts and seeds are rich in protein which pregnant women should consume regularly.
- Vitamin B is very important for pregnant women and Folic Acid is nothing but Vitamin B. Folic Acid is more important for all pregnant women since this only assists for embryonic development. Deficiency of Folic Acid leads to premature babies and sometime even handicapped babies. So all pregnant women should try to intake Vitamin B. In addition to this, based on doctor's advice they should take regular tablets for Vitamin B.
- Vitamin A and Vitamin C are also necessarily needed for pregnant women. Some food resources with Vitamin A are fruits, vegetables, egg yolks etc. Some food with Vitamin C are tomatoes, oranges, strawberries, guava and broccoli.
Importance of water for pregnant women
It is very important for pregnant women to drink more water. More water will make the baby to feel ease and comfortable inside the stomach. It will assist for easy normal delivery. Also more water consumption will reduce tiredness and dehydration of body. So try to consume more water during pregnancy. Consume water in frequent intervals. Something like drinking one tumbler water for each half an hour or one hour interval. Also drinking water will reduce the stomach pain during carrying the child.
Baby food schedule
It is very important that for the first 1 year mother has to do breast feeding without fail. Mother's milk will give more health to the baby. After 5 to 6 months from birth date, added food like Cerelac, Farex, Nan Pro can be given to baby. Raagi (Finger Millet) can be given as an added food after 5 to 6 months.
Baby Gender Prediction Chart - A Chinese innovative...!
There is a gender prediction chart available and it is very popular all over the world. It is said that the baby gender predicted based on this chart is 80% accurate. Most of the baby genders fall as per the chart predicted. This chart takes and predicts gender based on the age and the conceived lunar month of the woman. Just look at the chart and predict your baby gender. Have a great fun...!
Fetal Growth Chart
The fetal chart shows the 10%, 50%, and 90% percentile for average births. This chart will help you whether the fetal growth is normal or not.
Weight for Age Percentiles - Boy baby
This chart is very useful to know whether your baby's weight is perfect for its age.
Two charts are available. One for boy babies and another for girl babies. Just try to verify your baby's weight with this chart.
Weight for Age Percentiles - Girl Baby
This chart is very useful to know whether your baby's weight is perfect for its age.
The following chart is for girl babies.
Safe Exercises for pregnant women
Here are some safe exercises for pregnant women. These small exercises are very essential which will facilitate for easy child delivery.
- Stand with the two feet slightly apart. Place the palms on the waist. Without shifting the feet, turn the upper torso 90 degrees to the right, and then to the left. Repeat ten times for each side alternately.
- Second exercise is for strengthening the muscles of the back and the waist. Stand with the two feet planted slightly apart. Open the palms bend sideways to the right, keeping the left hand raised vertically upwards, and try to touch the right leg at as low a point as possible with the right hand. Return to the initial position. Perform the same movement on the left. Repeat ten times for each side alternately.
- Third exercise is for strengthening the abdomen. Kneel on the floor, with the knees slightly apart. Raise the arms vertically upwards. Now turn on your waist towards the right and touch the right foot with the left hand and the left foot with the right hand. Return to the initial position. Perform the same movements towards the left. Repeat ten times for each side alternately.
- Fourth exercise is for strengthening the back. Lie flat, face up, on the floor. Bend the legs at the knees, thus bringing the feet nearer to the torso. Press down with one foot so as to raise the back off the floor. Maintain this position for six seconds. Return to the initial position. Now do the same with the other foot. Now press down with both feet simultaneously so as to raise the back off the floor. Maintain this position for six seconds. Return to the initial position. Repeat the whole sequence ten times.
- Fifth exercise is for relieving backache. Lie down flat, face up, on the floor. Bend the legs at the knees. Now raise the back off the floor, with arms extended forwards and reach for the knees. Keeping the back thus raised, impart a rotatory motion to the hips. Keep this up for six seconds, without lowering the back. Let yourself down gently to the initial position. Repeat the entire sequence of movements ten times.
Suggested Yoga Exercise for pregnant women
The following Youtube video explains easily about the yoga exercise to be done by pregnant women.
Pregnancy and Meditation
It is very important for pregnant women to do mind relaxation and meditation. This will keep the women peace of mind and assist for easy delivery of baby. Also it is scientifically proved that a good exercise and meditation will keep the baby also healthy.
There are lot of mind relaxation and breathing exercises which pregnant women can follow daily. Some yogasana postures, pranayama and healing exercises are very useful and adds confidence and health for pregnant women.
The most worthy lines for pregnant women...!
1. Stick to your diets.
2. Sleep on your side during nights.
3. Go for a short walk and make mild exercise daily
4. Divert your mind by reading books and listening good music.
5. Avoid horror movies, tragedy television serials or sad news.
Pregnancy and travel
It is very important that pregnant ladies should not travel very frequently. They will always feel uncomfortable if they sit and travel for long distances. Either it is a bus, car or train, it is difficult for them to travel. Air travel is recommended for pregnant women if the distance is short. But during air travel also pregnant ladies may feel vomiting sensation sometimes. So totally pregnant ladies can avoid frequent traveling. But they should go for walk and do small exercises recommended by doctors to keep themselves healthy.
Some useful websites...!
Here are a list of useful websites related to pregnancy, child care, baby names, baby care etc.
- Pregnancy in Wikipedia
Wikipedia describes about Pregnancy
- Pregnancy in ABOUT
ABOUT.COM talks about Pregnancy
- Guide to Child Care
A thorough website guide for Child Care
- Child Care Ideas
More ideas about taking care of children
- Baby Names
Boy and Girl baby name lists available in this website (International names)
- Baby Names in India Parenting website
Baby Names in India Parenting website. Girl and boy baby names separately given with meanings. Very useful website.
- Baby Food Chart
This website gives more details about baby diets. This is very useful for born babies.
Girl and Boy baby names
It is a habit in India to give more interest in name selection for newborn girl and boy babies. There are a lot of websites available which suggests a huge list of girl and boy baby names. Parents after getting their new child, while searching baby names they mainly concentrate on fashion girl and boy baby names and the meaning of the name they are keeping for their child. In older days, the names are much longer and complicated but in new generation the names are very short, cute and meaningful.
When your child grows, consider its age is around two, you will feel a huge pressure to maintain it. It wanders here and there, throws the things ridiculously, breaks costly gadgets, and many more...! Its all parents has to take care and deal these things...! Parents should not keep any costly things reachable near the child's play areas. Also parents should not make more advices or shout at the child. Then only the child will do more noisy things at home. It all depends all parents' behavior with the child.
Your feedback is always a worthy dollar to me...! Please provide me feedback about this page...!