Benefits of Tea for good health
Camellia Sinensis leaves are known as tea leaves. Tea is the second largest beverage in the world, almost each & every county consumes tea. The plant of Camellia Sinensis is majorly available in the Tropical & sub-tropical climates. Tea is produced world wide but the largest producers of tea are China, India, Sri Lanka, Kenya & turkey. It's fascinating that Content of tea is more then 700 chemicals.
Broadly there are five types of tea; those are Black, Green, White, Oolong & pu’erh tea. It is available in loose & as Tea bag. Tea bags have an interesting story behind it; Thomas Sullivan (American Tea Merchant) is the name of gentle men, who introduced the way of Selling Tea Bags because he used to distribute his samples for promotional purpose. He used Chinese silk for packing it.
Production process of tea
Because the plant is same for all kind of tea, the production process & techniques plays a very vital role to classify the tea kind. Usually it is divided in withering ( for reducing moisture ), rolling ( for breaking the leaves ), Oxidation ( in this process the enzymes in tea leaves come in contact with air and gets oxidized & gives color & flavor ) , drying ( here the dryers are used ) & Packing ( packed in small packs or tea bags). Plant is same but the process of production varies. In nut shell, production processes with each kind of tea are;
· Black Tea: Completely oxidized, Wilted & crushed.
· Green Tea: Unoxidized & Unwilted
· White Tea: Unoxidized & Wilted.
· Oolong Tea: Partial Oxidized, Wilted.
· Pu’erh Tea: Fermented
Production & packing both are very important part of a good tea & in both stages temperature is controlled for a healthy consumption.
Health benefits of drinking tea
Why we need to drink tea at least twice a day is because of these reasons;
- Tea is rich by antioxidants. Antioxidant helps in regeneration & repairing of rapture cells, moreover it slows down the aging process.
- Tea not only provides antioxidants but on the other side it hydrates as well.
- Tea phenolics inhibit the growth of bacteria causing bad breath.
- Tea has less caffeine then coffee, which is considered good for health if in a balance ratio. Drinking tea boost the energy level as well.
- Drinking black tea with lemon may supports in clearing of some nasal de-congestion.
- Drinking of Green Tea reduces the risk of cognitive impairment by almost 50 %.
- Green Tea plants are rich with amino acid L-theanine. Amino acid L-theanine if taken in proper ratio then it have lots of benefits like it diminishes the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, improving the sleep quality & reduce stress. Additionally, Amino acid L-theanine has capacity to stimulate the creation of alpha brain waves & reduce beta brain waves as well.
- Green tea has catechins which thin blood leading the preventing of blood clotting. It prevents the formation of pro-inflammatory compounds derived from omega-6 fatty acids.
- Green tea polyphenols could prevent Ultra violet induced skin cancer by reducing the growth of established skin tumors.
- Oolong tea itself is proved & famous for reducing the blood pressure.
- Tea has phytochemicals, which have lots of advantages. Like strengthen the bones & teeth, anti inflammatory properties, cellular repairing & improving immune health. One Interesting fact about phytochemicals is that these are not destroyed when boiled, cooked like other vitamins & trace minerals.
- After meal drinking of tea improves digestion process. In Chinese culture it’s been used for thousand of years for digestion.
- Red Rooibos tea acts as anti-spasmodic agent offering relieves in stomach cramps & colic in infants.
- Regular drinking of Black tea drops cortisol. In stressful conditions adernal gland release cortisol hormone, drinking black tea reduces it & makes human body calm.
- Tea can be a calorie free drink. Tea by itself doesn't have calories. Try to drink tea without milk & sweeteners to shed your weight loss.
- Tea tree have benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide is used for acne treatment. Many products are available in market for benzoyl peroxide, so why don’t we use the natural way to remove acne.
- Tea has Alkylamines. It’s a class of compound found in tea & these chemicals help helps mobilization of natural immune defense in the bloodstream.
In short if we see, each kind of tea have different health benefits, decide which one is best for your health;
- Black Tea: Reduces Strokes risk, cancer risk, keeps mouth fresh, control stress & congetion.
- Green Tea: Green tea reduce Strokes, healthy teeth, Improves brain power, Controls Obesity, keep mouth fresh, cognition impairment, premenstrual syndrome, and sleep quality.
- White Tea: Reduce Cancer risk, Control Obesity, skin nourishment & Blood pressure control.
- Oolong Tea: Controls Obesity, inflammatory disorders, diabetes & blood pressure.
- Pu’erh Tea: Removal of toxins during dysentery, control inflation, improves digestion, improves eye sight & improves blood circulation.
So, drink tea daily 2 cup of tea & stay doctor free.