Best Food For Kids
Nutrition For Kids
Some children or kids hate to eat, sometimes they are just really hard to eat. They don't want to eat. some children loves to eat a non healthy food like Junk food and that is ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD for their health.
Every parent wants their children to have a good nutrition. they want their child to be healthy and have a strong antibody. but, what if the children don't even want to listen to their parents to eat those healthy foods, instead they prefer to eat Non-healthy foods, because nowadays fast food is one of people's choices.
Of course every parent want their children to be smart and by giving the right nutrition for kids may be really helping children to get smart.
So, in order to solve that kind of problems. Here i share with you the tips on how to solve the problems of children that do not want to eat. and also i share best food for kids that will effect on their brain, health and so on.
Let's Understand About Kid's Nutrition
Kids Don't Want To Eat
At particular period in the development, toddlers often have trouble which is hard to eat (they don't want to eat). This certainly makes the parents a little confused, so many of them end up relying on milk as a food intake of children.
Keep in mind, though milk is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, calcium and lactose, but it was not enough to meet the nutritional needs of children.
Practical Tips to Overcome Eating Difficult For Children
Here's a glimpse discussion of the causes of child difficult to eat & quick tips to overcome them
- Bored with eating or serving food menu.
Food for infants (> 6 bl) which is unvaried would make children tired and lazy to eat. Not to mention that the way the presentation of food jumbled among the side dishes such as food blended into one. Same as adults, if we eat the same menu every day and served it by mixing all of it, it would be reluctant to consume. So also with the introduction of roughage.
Tips: Make the variation of the children's foods. if necessary, make a menu for children minimal for a week to make the mother easier to manage the variety of the meal. So, the mother needs to be as creative as she can. Such as if the child does not want to eat rice, it can be replaced with bread, macaroni, pasta, noodles, etc. The unique or interesting presentation of the food is also important. Do not mix the food. Separate the rice and the vegatables or meat and etc. Decorate with different colors and shapes. If it's necessary, you can print food funny cake mold.
- Eating calorie-dense snacks before meals, so that children will not feel hungry. Such as candy, soft drinks, chocolate, snack areas to MSG, etc.. As a result, when the meals arrived children already stuffed.
Tip: Set a snack or snack well before the meal arrives. Give also a healthy snack such as a piece of fruit, steamed vegetables, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, mom made cake, and so on.
- Drinking too much milk
in many families, Milk is considered as the god of food that can replace a main meal such as rice, vegetables, meat and etc.. Parents tend to be less impatient to provide roughage. Or the parents are afraid that their children will starve, so they replaced it with milk .. Finally, rather than there are no food sinside the children's stomach, excessive milk is given. Yet after children aged 1th, the presence of milk in the daily menu is not mandatory. Nutritionally, milk can only meet the needs of calcium and phosphorus alone. and calcium and phosphorus can be easily to get in fish, vegetables & fruits.
Tips: Reduce milk! At the age of 1 year they need only 2 cups of milk a day. Begin to train children with different types of food. Change the mindset of parents.
- Influenced by his parents' habits.
Children love to imitate what is done by other family members, especially parents. Many behaviors that the parents do which influence the child's eating behavior. For example, children who grow up in the family environment with lazy meal (ex. diet), will develop lazy eating behavior too. Other Behavior, we often see the parents are still feeding children who are (well, grown up like 12 years old children). As a result children are trained not to be able to feed themselves. sometimes children are noisy and naughty, in order to make them quiet, parents give their children calorie-dense snacks (candy, soft drinks, chocolate, etc..). As a result children stuffed and they don't wanna eat anymore.
Watch & change habits and behaviors of parents at any time, including eating behavior. Remember, kids record, learn and apply all the things which they can from the surrounding environment, especially their parents. Let the kids try to eat the food themselves early on, without being fed. Do not be afraid of a mess. Feeding is about learning.
- At age >2 years old, children are often rebellious / do not follow. When the meal arrived, children are sometimes say "i do not want to eat", just like the children throw the food, and etc. It's called negative attitude. Attitude negative is a normal phase which every child through age five. This attitude is also a part of the stage of development to demonstrate a desire to be independent. So toddlers are generally characterized by "ME", meaning that everything must come from "ME" and not of anyone else; core power. Well a lot of parent which do not understand this, so due to fear of child nutrition is not fulfilled, parents are usually make it even harder to force children to eat. There is a parent which threatened children and even hit. The way it should be avoided.
Even more children at this age are forced, it will increasingly resist (as the negative form). Realization especially if not a rejection of food. Understandable if anyone until adults unwilling to eat rice or did not touch the meat. It could be the children had experienced trauma treatment parents who always fed forcibly.
Tip: Understand the child's condition properly. Be the parent which is authoritative. This means do not be pushy, but it also does not let up. Have good communication with your child. Be patient facing children. Home is the first and main things for children.
- Children are sick / sad
Children do not want to eat can also be caused by the child being sick or being sad. If the original child is active, cheerful and chatty, so in times of pain he prefers to be silent and appear lazy.
Tips: Back to the concept of good communication. Do not force children to eat if he/she does not want. Give calorie dense snacks, such as macaroni, etc..
One thing to remember for every parents is that no matter how the children do not want / hard to eat, they would not let himself starve! During his mental health. That is, when they are starving, they will eat.
Kids Don't Want To Eat
Are your children hard to eat, even you've asked them to eat?
Healthy Products For Kids
5 Healthy Food For Children's Brain Development
Foods are not the only affects for physical health, but also the brain. Good nutrition from foods can improve brain and memory skills of children, so that they become more proficient in memorizing or remembering things. Here's a good meal for your child intelligence.
- Milk, dairy products such as yogurt, and etc. Milk and other dairy products are a rich source of proteins, potassium ,calcium, and vitamin D. All the essential nutrients is key to the development of the neuromuscular system, neurotransmitters, enzymes, and brain tissue. Children and adolescents in this age group are in the growth stage so they need a lot of nutrients.
- All kinds of berries: They contain virtually all of the important brain nutrients. Berries are a food source which is rich in anti-oxidants and vitamin C which helps in reducing oxidative stress. Various kinds of berries such as strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, and much more.
- Eggs and nuts: Choline is an important element for the development of memory stem cells. It is contained in the eggs. Nuts also have a lot of choline. These compounds can increase the production of stem cells in the brain memory.
- Whole grains: Vitamin B and glucose found in grains such as oat meal and brown rice makes a healthy brain food for your child. Our body needs a regular supply of glucose supplied by grains. Vitamin B improves blood flow in our nervous system which is one of the main factors in keeping all our organs remain active, including the brain.
- Salmon: Salmon is a rich food source of omega 3 fatty acids such as DHA and EPA. It's very important for the proper development of the brain. Research shows that people who eat fish have a sharper memory than those not taking them.
Healthy Nutrition For Kids
From these 5 healthy food for kids, which one do you think is the best for you or your children?
Nutrition is Fun - Kids Activities with Food
Junk Food is NOT GOOD for children
Junk Food is DANGEROUS
Be careful if your child likes to eat junk food. According to research at the University of Bristol, addicted to this type of food will influence the lower IQ.
Child who was not even 3 years old, but allowed to eat junk food continuous showing his IQ lower in the next five years, compared with kids peers who accustomed to eating healthy foods.
Why does it happen? Because junk food can cause permanent damage to brain. The difference in IQ between children who are addicted to junk food and who are not, could reach as much as five IQ points.
Thus, children aged 1-2 years are given better food intake healthy and nutritionally balanced. Because, at this age of the golden period of brain growth is booming.
One of the researchers, Dr Pauline Emmett, says good nutrition is very important in the first three years of their life or when the brain grows at its fastest rate.