Best Jump Rope Training DVD Workouts
What To Look For
If your looking for a high calorie burning workout in a short amount of time, then jump roping workouts may be something of interest to you.
Jump roping has to be one of my favorite workouts, its like going to recess and getting rid of all the extra flab around my waist. I like to jump rope to DVD's because they get me focused, I am not worried about the time or how many reps I am doing.
Once you get into the hang of jump roping you can do more then just do workout videos. I personally like to have the jump rope with me to do little ten minute exercise times in my free time, but the videos are great.
Best Instructional Jump Rope Training - Training For Weight Loss And Toning With Buddy Lee
If you want to learn jump rope why not learn if from United States Olympian Buddy Lee. This workout goes over the basics but also has a guide for those that can go quickly beyond the basics into more challenging jump rope workout routines.
This jump rope video is more instructional then the basic workout video. If you looking for a video to workout with every time you jump rope this is not it. But if your looking to learn the basics and advanced moves so you can workout with a jump rope on your own.
Learn the best way to jump rope to build endurance and maximize your Cardio workout with Buddy Lee, a Olympic competitor. This Jump Rope Workout has 15 key techniques and programs, designed for beginners to advanced fitness enthusiasts to competitive athletes looking for the winning edge.
Jump Rope Dancing Workout Video - By Annette Maria
Both dancing and jump roping burns a lot of calories why not combine them. This video defiantly stands out from the rest so it can be a great stand alone workout or you can buy it with more traditional workouts to use when you want to do something a little different.
Get fit and have fun in this Jump Rope Dancing Workout DVD. This video introduces fun and easy moves to get you to the fitness goals you want to be at.
Ropesport: Advanced Workout
The intermediate stops and starts, but this one has a quick ten minutes of jumping and you've already started working up a sweat by the time the warm up exercises start.
Best Jump Ropes To Workout With
To find a rope that fits, place one foot in the center of the rope and lift the handles -- they shouldn't go past your armpits.
Are you wondering what size of rope you need? You should be, a too small rope or too big rope can hinder you jumps. Although if when buying it is best to buy a rope that is too big because you can always Tie a knot in it to make it shorter.
A rope that is the right size for you will not go past your arm pits if your standing on the middle of the rope.
Plastic ropes are light and cheap. They make turning the rope fast easier and are used both by beginners and experts.
While digital jump ropes may cost a little more they are great for workouts because you can keep track of your jumps in a more effective manner. If you know how much you did one day you can try to beat it the next.
Beaded jump ropes are used more by casual jump ropers or those that love to hear the click as the rope hits the ground. A jumper can get fairly good results with this rope, but it hurts when you miss. This is why most expert jumpers prefer the plastic rope.
Weighted jump ropes weigh between 0.25 and 4 pounds and generally used by someone strength building.
The cordless jump rope allows you to get all the calorie burning benefits of a traditional jump roping without the interruptions of tripping on the rope.
The Basic How To's - Improving Fitness Levels
Its time to go back to fifth grade gym exercise routines. This simple exercise done right can burn just 135 calories in ten minutes.
- When Jumping only the balls of your feet should touch the floor. Each jump should be one to two inches from the floor.
- Move the rope by keeping elbows close to side making the movement from the wrists and forearms. Avoid moving rope from the shoulders.
- Keep going through your set goal of time. If you wanted to jump rope for ten minutes but find yourself to tired to keep going after 8 minutes, drop the rope and keep jumping without the rope.
Learning Tricks and Having Fun
- Competition Jump Ropes | Jump Rope | Fitness Jump Ropes
Basic Jump Rope Tips And Tricks
- Simple Jump Rope Tricks
Simple Jump Rope Trick Video
- Partner skipping tricks from skip-hop - the skipping experts
Learn Partner skipping tricks with skip-hop- the skipping experts
Free Online Jump Rope Training Videos
Free Training Resources
- Jump Rope Training - Part II
I've received several questions regarding various aspects of rope training and rope selection. This article will address many of these questions, and provide another sample video with demonstrations of several easy to learn rope skipping techniques.
- Your Top Source For Boxing Training Advice
You could walk into any boxing gym in the country and I am willing to bet that you will hear a few familiar sounds. Young fighters will thump away at the heavy bags. Others will create rhythmic sounds on the s
- Bodybuilding.com - Jump Rope Training.
Jumping rope (also referred to as rope skipping) is a staple in a boxer's conditioning program. If you are involved in the sport, you can expect to spend some time with the rope.
Tips For Improvement
- If new do not give up. Its normal to think of jump roping as a kids game, something that is easy and anyone can do it. But truth is we are not all kids anymore and jumping at first may be a little tiresome. But give it time and effort and it will become more like play.
- Invest in a rope that is meant for your height and size. Getting a dollar store jump rope may sound an easy fix at first but it will only hinder you further. A rope meant for working out with may even help further.
- Drinking water is good and is needed to keep hydrated. But drinking to much before or during will only get you sick and may shorten your workout.