Best Exercises to Make Your Legs and Body Grow Taller Naturally
Everyone wants to grow taller and this article can help you fulfill that dream. The question everyone asks is how to grow taller in a short period of time. Others, usually teenagers who want to be taller than their peers, ask which exercises they should do to gain height quickly. One way to easily get taller is to do the exercises mentioned below regularly. You also need patience and the determination to be successful.
Stretching for Increased Height
There are a set of specific stretches you can do. Begin in a sitting position with your legs outstretched and your hands touching your feet. If your hands cannot reach your feet, touch as close as you can. Then raise your torso with both arms facing up. When you become upright try to maintain this pose, stretching your body as much as possible, for 50 to 60 seconds. Try repeating this movement for best results. You can also add in different modifications in stretching such as cobra, leg stretches, pelvic shift and so on which I will discuss in the next part of the article.
What are the Benefits of Stretching?
Professionals maintain that stretching workouts imitate the conditions and exertions produced by other resistance workouts such as weightlifting. But unlike weight lifting workouts, stretching workouts target the spine, helping it lengthen.
A good stretching program includes diverse routines to put the body in a number of different positions. This makes the body more flexible and faster growth rate of bones. A successful set of exercises, done regularly, can add 2-3 inches of height over time.
Pelvic shifts are one of the easiest and most effective exercises to increase height, targeting the lower spine and the hips.
1. Lie on your back with both shoulders and arms settled rigidly on the floor.
2. Bend knees and move your feet closer to the buttocks.
3. Curve your back and thrust your pelvis higher.
4. Do the pose for 20 seconds.
5. Repeat the steps. Yoga exercises can also be included in your routine to get a good result.
Check out the video below for a further demonstration.
The Cobra Stretch
Directions for Cobra Stretch
- Lie on your abdomen on a workout mat or floor with hands settled straight under your shoulder. Legs and toes must be straight.
- Softly exhale. Work your abdominal muscles to support the spinal column. Thrust your hips off the mat or floor.
- Straighten and lengthen your torso while keeping your hips steady. Remain in this position for 15 - 30 seconds.
- Smoothly lower your upper body back to the floor, stretching the spine as you come down.
- If you feel any distress with this movement, stop the workout immediately and consult your medical doctor.
Check out the video below for further instructions on how to do the Cobra stretch.
The table stretch can be very good for your back, but be careful with it as it can potentially cause injury.
- Sit down on the floor with your legs straight and outstretched in front of you.
- Place palms of your hands on the floor next to your butt.
- Then tuck your chin against your chest.
- Now move your head back as far as it will go.
- As you move your head and keep your arms straight, lift your body so that your buttocks lift up from the ground and knees form 90 degree angles.
- The torso and thighs will be straight and parallel to the floor. Your arms and shins will be perpendicular to the floor. You will be the form of a table.
- Hold for 8-20 seconds
This is another hard stretch for some. If you can't do it right away, just do the best you can and you will eventually build up the strength to do it with ease.
Leg Stretching Exercises
These stretches can make your bones more flexible and elastic and give you strength and flexibility. Do these stretches and hold the position for 4-10 seconds. Repeat each stretch for 10-20 times on each leg.
Place both hands on the wall in front of you in a position comfortable enough where you can put weight onto those hands. Move one of your legs closer to the wall while keeping the remaining foot fully on the ground - don't let it come up. If you don't feel a stretch, move a bit farther away from the wall and try again.
Achilles Tendon (attaches heels to calf)
In the same position as the above stretch, slightly bend your back leg until you feel a stretch in the tendon.
Hanging exercises are universally considered to be the most effective. It can be done by all age groups, though it must be done regularly to keep the body healthy and active. Hanging exercises help you stay fit and grow taller quickly and naturally. Hanging can give good results when done for about thirty minutes a week.
Hang on a strong horizontal bar with your arms and spine stretching out. Maintain this position for 10-20 seconds and repeat 5-10 times. Increase the number of repetitions gradually, though be careful not to push yourself and exceed your limit. Hanging can also make your arms and palms stronger.
Monkey Bar Hanging
This is the most popularly used hanging technique. It harnesses gravity to help make you taller. Typically, gravity makes you shorter because when you are upright, gravity pushes your body downward, compressing your spin and bones. This technique focuses on the lower spine and reduces the tension in the vertebral column.
- Get a horizontal bar with some height. If it is too low bend your knees to stretch.
- Grasp and hang on the bar.
- Relax your upper body for gravity to work on.
- Hang on for 10-20 seconds and repeat 5-10 times.
- Add ankle weights once you have mastered the exercise.
It is a simple exercise.We all love to go for swimming. Just float yourself on the water and also try to do some drills and exercises. For this you need to learn to swim properly which should be done with a qualified coach or trainer.
Inversion Table Exercises
Working out on an inversion table can be risky because you can seriously damage your back. So you should consult a trainer or other professional before using one. But all we will be doing is hanging upside down, which will stretch your knees, vertebrae and all the parts of your body.
It is believed that kicking exercises help your knees amass cartilage, which can help you grow more. It is similar to kicking in free kicks in football. Lift your leg up 2-3 feet from the ground and snap out a kick to bring your leg up as high as possible. Be careful not to put too much force into the kick to avoid pain. These exercises are also performed by martial artists and kick boxers. See the video below for a demonstration.
Using ankle weights can help you grow taller by developing and strengthening knee cartilage. These exercises must be done regularly to get good results. For more exercise ideas, you can watch the video below.
Most importantly, don't get discouraged! Be confident and try to stay patient. It will take time to see results since your body is such a complex mechanism.