Wedge Shaped Maternity Pillows
Maternity pillows and Sleep wedges-are they effective during pregnancy?
When you are pregnant it is really hard to find a comfortable position, especially at night. Back pains, heartburn, leg pains and a huge baby belly to juggle, are all conspiring to prevent you from getting a much needed and well deserved good night's sleep. Even if you do manage to find a comfortable sleeping position, it is hard to keep it for a long time, because your hips get so sore after a while, that you have to turn around and start all over again.
So, you are thinking, would a prenatal sleep wedge help you sleep more comfortably? Well, yes it actually might do a very good job, depending on what you expect. If you have ruled out the option of full pregnancy pillows, either because of their price, or because of their size, or whatever other reason, then the Boppy prenatal sleep wedge might be the best remaining option to consider. You certainly cannot go much cheaper or much smaller in terms of pregnancy pillows.
So, read along and find out what the Boppy pregnancy pillow can do for you and wether it would be the right choice for you during your pregnancy.
Boppy Prenatal Sleeping Wedge - Small, handy, versatile sleeping aid
It is essentially a firm, foam, wedge-shaped pillow, designed to support your back or belly during pregnancy. Placing it between your knees can help you achieve a better sleeping position by aligning your spine, hips and legs. It is small and versatile enough to put it wherever it makes you feel more comfortable. The attractive cotton slipcover is removable and fully washable
Additional features of the Boppy pregnancy wedge
This versatile foam pillow can actually help you sleep more comfortably when you are pregnant
- The pillow measures 13.8 x 11.2 x 4 inches and weighs 8.8 ounces
- It is ergonomically designed, wedge shaped to comfortably support your growing belly or back
- It includes a removable and fully washable slipcover with an attractive floral design. The cushion as well is fully washable
- It can be used in a variety of ways, under your belly or back or between your knees when pregnant, as a support for your baby when nursing, as a support for your baby when it sleeps on its back or side, as a couch or TV pillow, or even as a car or seat cushion
Watch a video review of the Boppy pregnancy wedge
I say that...
The Boppy pregnancy pillow has an average rating of more than 4 stars on approximately 140 customer reviews. If you are not looking for a full body pillow, just something to help support your belly, this would be a great choice.
Most customers who have used this say that it has really helped them sleep more comfortably during pregnancy and that it is so small and versatile that they have found many other uses for it outside pregnancy
- I like the fact that it is so small, it can fit in even the smallest bed and you can take it everywhere with you, unlike most huge full body pillows
- I don't like the fact that it supports only one part of your body at a time and that you have to reposition it every time you need to turn around in bed
- I like the fact that it is very versatile and has many uses outside pregnancy
- I like the fact that it is quite cheap, and that for the price it does its job very well
- I don't like the fact that if you need additional support during pregnancy, you might have to use 2-3 additional pillows or buy a full body pillow
In short, if you have ruled out the option of a full body pregnancy pillow, I would say that the Boppy sleep wedge is excellent value for money and would highly recommend it to all expecting mums
Full body pregnancy pillows or sleep wedges?
Would you rather use a full body pillow or a sleep wedge to help you sleep more comfortably when you are pregnant?
What do you think of pregnancy wedges?
© 2013 Aquamarine18