Top Foods to Fight Cancer: Preventing Cancer Naturally
Almost Eight percent of Cancers are linked to enviormental factors with diet being linked to 30-40% of all malignant conditions. Various Studies conducted across the globe have reiterated the role of healthy diet in the management and prevention of cancers
Diet for Cancer Prevention: Link between Diet and Cancer
Correct dietary practices play a vital role in protecting the cells from mutation and preventing cellular death. Antioxidants from the foods prevent free radical damage and help fight tumors. Free radicals are responsible for oxidative damage to the DNA, which acts as the basic code for functioning and metabolism within the cells. Oxidative damage of the DNA results in mutation which in turn may result in malignancy. Anti-oxidants from our food bind with the free radicals and prohibit oxidative damage and protect against cancer. Further, certain trace minerals tend to neutralize the free radicals and prevent cellular damage.
Strategies that you can adopt to decrease your risk of developing cancer, ranges from having regular screenings for cancer, to enhancing your daily intake of cancer fighting foods and Life Style Modifications to reduce the exposure to enviormental carcinogens.
Cancer Causes: Preventing Cancer Naturally
Every cell in our body is replaced regularly, and within each cell is a code that tells the cell when to multiply and when to die. Cancer occurs when this process gets impaired and cell multiply and replicate autonomously and uncontrollably. As the cells proliferate, they damage the adjacent healthy tissue thus resulting a in a host of symptoms and clinical manifestations.
Common triggering factors for cancer are:
- Tobacco smoke
- Exposure to radiations
- Exposure to chemical solvents
- Excessive intake of fat
- Undue consumption of alcohol
- Consuming too much of pickled and smoked foods
Top Foods to Fight Cancer: Diet For Cancer Prevention
Diet and cancer prevention go hand in hand. Incorporating ‘anti cancer foods’ or ‘cancer preventing foods’ in to your everyday diet, that provide liberal amounts of anti oxidants, is the key to prevention. Integrate those foods in to your daily menu that supply large amounts of anti oxidants.
- Vitamin C Rich foods: limes, lemons, berries, cherries, bell peppers, chilies, papaya and mangoes are excellent sources of vitamin C. Vitamin C is a powerful anti oxidant. It helps combat free radical damage effectively. Vitamin C boosts immune function; and helps it detect and destroy free radicals that can cause immense cellular damage.
- Vitamin E Rich foods: vitamin E is another potent anti oxidant. It inactivates the free radicals and aids the immune system and defense mechanism of the body in eradicating early cancer cells. Vitamin E promises to prevent a variety of cancers. This anti oxidant cuts down the risk of colon cancer and prostate cancer appreciably; and also plays a crucial role in breast cancer prevention. Rich sources for the vitamin are: almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, safflower seeds, wheat germ and soy.
- Vitamin A Rich foods: vitamin A found in tomatoes, apples, papayas, spinach, mangoes, and carrots is a weapon against a number of cancers. In particular, they help ward off lung cancer and prostrate cancer. Tomatoes and mangoes are known to be highly beneficial in lung cancer prevention.
Along side, do have regular physical examinations and screenings, more so, if there is a family history of the disease. Preventing cancer is a more prudent approach to cancer management. Follow a regular and consistent routine and include de-stress in to your daily regimen.