Chest Congestion Remedies
Garlic Fights Chest Congestion Effectively
Chest congestion is fairly common; the causes of chest congestion are principally environmental, which include exposure to smoke, exhaust and pollutants in an urban setting or pollen and dust in rural locale. Furthermore, improper diet and poor hygiene are also important contributing factors.
Chest Congestion Symptoms
Chest congestion manifests as:
· Excessive cough with a lot of expectoration
· Breathing difficulty, breathless
· Chest discomfort and pain
· Weight loss
· Appetite loss
Chest Congestion Cures: Remedies for Chest Congestion
- Diet has a very important role to play in boosting the immune mechanism of the body and easing the symptoms of chest congestion. Enhance your intake of vitamin C rich foods such as – oranges, sweet limes, limes, mangoes, papayas, guavas and bell peppers. Vitamin C fights infection and gets rid of chest congestion successfully. Increase your consumption of vegetables, fruits, dry fruits like almonds and apricots, resins, figs, etc. steer clear of refined food; in its place use whole grain cereals and pulses
- Turmeric and honey are recommended by chest congestion. Turmeric has a compound called curcumin, which is a potent anti oxidant and infection fighter. Turmeric helps decrease congestion in the chest, battle of bacterial infections and eases breathing. It also helps reduce fever and improve appetite. Honey soothes the throat and tones up the respiratory tract.
- Garlic is another potent home remedy for chest congestion. Chop about 2 flakes of garlic and soak in 2 to 3 spoons of honey. Consume this twice daily for 15 days. Garlic fights of infections, helps in expectorating built up mucus, makes breathing easy, manages wheezing and alleviates chest discomfort.
Home Remedies for Chest Congestion: How to Cure Chest Congestion?
- Steam inhalation offers abundant relief as well. Essential oils such as tea tee and eucalyptus are decidedly beneficial, particularly, in cases of chronic, constant cough associated with cold and fever. These aroma oils help make breathing easy, they open up blocked sinuses and also combat infections successfully. What’s more, you may also use these essential oils for a chest massage. Blend 3 drops of tea tree or eucalyptus with 10 drops of warmed sesame seed oil or almond oil. Massage gently over the neck and chest.
- Salt water gargles have a soothing effect on the throat and facilitate getting rid of accumulated phlegm.
- Clove, ginger root and cardamom are effective natural remedies as well. Powder equal amounts of cloves, cardamom and dried ginger root. Mix 1 teaspoon of this blend with 1 tablespoon of honey. Consume this 5 times daily. This recipe expedites the process of healing and reduces chest congestion significantly.