All About Energy Healing
And How To Find a Good Energy Healer
Why would someone use an Energy Healer? Find out why in this lens plus how to find a good healer (with integrity).
When working with energy, we are working with universal laws, the very essence of our core nature. If a healer has no awareness of the laws of the universe, he or she can cause harm instead of good. Because there is very little regulation in the field of energy healing (that's a good thing actually) you must be informed and empowered about your choices. Know what questions to ask a healer before working with one, then trust your body's responses or your intuition.
10 Reason to Use an Energy Healer
It works on emotional, mental, physical and spiritual levels
1. We have an energy anatomy that's just as important as our physical anatomy.
2. If the energy anatomy is not addressed first, we can have negative results with allopathic medicines and surgery.
3. We are multidimensional beings and energy healing addresses all of our dimensions.
4. Energy healing enhances the body's natural healing abilities, instead of overriding them.
5. Energy healing is less invasive and rarely causes side effects.
6. Energy healing can enhance other forms of medical care.
7. If you have symptoms that doctors can't figure out, energy healing can clear your fields so that they can find out what's wrong. (Everyone reads energy whether they know it or not).
8. Energy healing can help alleviate fear, creating peace for optimal healing.
9. Energy healing relieves stress which relieves chronic inflammation, a major cause of many diseases.
10. Energy healing is a natural gift of humans, why not use it?
What's Your Level of Experience
Have you worked with an energy healer before?
Finding a Good Energy Healer
Begin by asking questions....
Interview a healer just as you would any other service oriented person you would consider using. Ask questions like:
- Have you trained in a certain modality or with another energy healer?
- What are your beliefs about the body and healing?
- What can I expect from a session with you?
- What should I be looking for after the session?
As you ask questions, observe the quality of presence of the healer. If it is a radiant quality, and the person has done his or her personal as well as spiritual growth you will notice it. I find that the quality of presence is more important in healing than the actual healing modality used.
Does the healer act professionally? Besides healing there are professional qualities such as privacy and presentation to consider. The ability to hold a safe container for you is VERY important.
Does the healer seek to empower you about healing? Or does he or she try to convince you that you can't do it without them? Go with the first.
Pay attention to your body. Your body innately knows if this person can help you or not. If it feels more expanded, lighter and uplifted talking to the person this is a yes. If it feels contracted, confused or disoriented, this is a no. Always give yourself permission to stop a session or walk out if it is not feeling safe or appropriate.
Muscle Testing is a good technique to use to determine if someone is right for you or not. Muscle testing accesses the body's wisdom which immediately knows if the other person's work will help you.
The Most Important Thing
Your body knows how to heal. Good healers support and enhance that.
Healing Principles That I Work With - Ask your healer what their healing principles are
- 1. We are all Divine Beings, greater than our physical bodies or symptoms.
2. Before a session, I offer myself in service to the highest good of all.
3. To the best of my ability I will not project my own wounds on others.
4. I am a channel for Universal Energy, not the originator of it.
5. I never force my will on another-I seek always to empower.
6. I release all expectations of what a "good" outcome is.
7. I am a facilitator of healing, not someone's cure.
8. I always honor free will and choice.
Types of Energy Healing
Energy healing is also known as faith healing, psychic healing, spiritual healing, and hands-on healing. There are many types of energy healing and all have different belief systems.
Below are just a few types:
- Crystalline Consciousness Technique
This technique connects you more strongly to your own healing wisdom, allowing the body to do what it already knows how to do. Supports releasing distorted energy patterns from the body and mind.
Channels universal energy through the practitioner to the receiver. Great for many things including reducing stress, promoting relaxation, and relieving pain.
Balances energy meridians in the body using needles. Great for many situations including chronic pain. Scared of needles? Try a needless acupuncture session.
Can be done by trained shamans or indigeneous people who learn through their tribal traditions. Shamanism can provide information, soul retrieval (recovering lost aspects of oneself such as for a war veteran), or entering the body with one's energy t
- Psychic Surgery
Brazil and the Philippines have many of these types of healers. Like shamans, they use their energy to enter your body and remove energy blocks.
- Oneness Blessing
Originating in India and also known as Deeksha, this form of energy healing heals the brain (thereby healing the body), awakens higher consciousness, and opens the heart.
- EMF Balancing Technique
Works with the cosmic lattice or energy fibers surrounding the body. Heals the past quickly and easily and releases fears about the future. Great personal/spiritual development tool.
My Own Book about Energy Healing
My story about discovering a new energy healing modality and what it means for the future of healing.
An Energy Demo - Donna Eden is a great healer and teacher of healing
Donna Eden is author of Energy Medicine. A self-help book filled with simple yet effective energy healing tips. Here she is demonstrating one of her techniques.
A Great Book About How To Work with Your Energy
This books describes energy anatomy and gives lots of great techniques for helping yourself or others. Simple to use and understand.
More Info about Energy Healing
- Science of Energy Healing: My personal site
My site filled with great information, healing meditations in podcasts, free downloads and more. All about energy!
- Crystalline Consciousness Technique
A wonderful modality to learn to help others as well as yourself. It has built in integrity.
- Empowered Reiki
A self-teaching guide for healing yourself, family and friends. Comes with a CD filled with healing meditations and Reiki activations.
- Learn Muscle Testing
In case you missed the muscle testing link above.
- Top 10 Tips For Increasing Your Intuition
Paying attention to subtle energy naturally increases your intuition. But if you want to actively increase this powerful tool, check out this lens.
- Human Energy and What You Can Do With It
Want super powers? Then find out more about human energy...the more you notice it the more super powers you can have.
- Are You a Healer?
Many people with chronic illnesses are not well because they have latent healing powers that want to be expressed. Find out if you are an unconscious healer.
- Protect Your Energy Fields
Begin to be empowered about your own energy. An easy place to start is with your energy fields.
Books on Energy Healing
A psychic surgery healer in Brazil.
Diane Stein is an amazing healer who has written many books on healing, guides, and the anatomy of the soul.
Doreen Virtue is famous for her work with angels. This is her view of healing.
Energy as used in healing psychology. The author cowrote the now classic book, Energy Medicine, with Donna Eden.
Leave a comment, add some stars, check out some links, favorite it, add it to Stumble or Digg...all these are ways to support this lens. Were you hoping to see something else here? Let me know about that as well.