- Alternative & Natural Medicine
11 Ways to Cleanse Crystals and Stones of negative energy
Most popular ways to cleanse your crystals, stones, and gems of unwanted negative energy. Sunlight, Moonlight, Burial, Sea Salt, Water, Smudging, Reiki, Companion Stone, Flower Water, Third Eye Method
Sunlight, Moonlight, and Sea Salt and Salt Water Methods
Placing your crystals and stones in sunlight to soak up the sun's rays.
- Do not use the Sunlight method on opal, celestite, amethyst or turquoise as their color may fade in the sun. If you have these stones use only moonlight to cleanse them.
- Place your stones in a safe place outside or in a window where there is lots of natural sunlight for a least one day. You may allow the stones to stay there for up to a week or more if you feel that time is needed to fully clear the stones. The rays of the sun are very cleansing as well as energizing.
- Because of the energizing energy of the Sun, the stones you put out for a good cleaning will also be charged. So this is a good method for cleansing and charging at the same time.
- A special note for Selenite and Malachite! These crystals should not get wet because they can be damaged by water. Make sure to only put stones outside that are safe to be in the rain.
Placing your crystals and stones in the moonlight to be cleansed in her calming light.
- This method is safe for all crystals unless it is raining. Never put Selenite or Malachite out in the rain where they may get wet.
- Get a lunar calendar and place your stones outside to be most effective. The windowsill is alright too but outside is more effective.
- You are using the lunar energy to cleanse and charge the stones so keep in mind that the full moon is the best time to put your stones out to soak up her motherly rays.
- The moons lunar energy is at its most effective 3 days before and until 3 days after the full moon. So you can begin placing your stones during those times.
- You can leave all stones that are safe in sunlight out for the entire time but remember not to leave stones that can be faded or harmed by the sun's solar energy. Bring those in each night or use the window sill and cover them in the morning.
Dry Sea Salt and Salt Water Method
Covering your crystals and stones in crystal sea salt to purify and absorb negative energy. There are actually two methods of using sea salt to cleanse your stones. Placing them in dry course sea salt for 24 hours to cleanse them or soaking them in salt water. The salt water method can only be used on stones that are safe in the water. When using the salt water method knowing your crystals is very important. Knowing whether they are porous or soft can help you avoid a big mistake. Salt water can get in the crevices and structure of some crystals and can cause them to break. However burying them in dry course sea salt is practically safe more most crystals but do be mindful of very humid areas and climates as this could cause some of the same problems that salt water causes.
- When using either salt water or dry sea salt Method 24 hours in enough to clear them.
Smudging, Water, and Burial Methods
Burning White Sage Smudge Sticks to cleanse your crystals using the purifying smoke is a favorite for most that work with crystals. Using the element of fire to cleanse your stones by burning White Sage is perhaps the fastest method of cleansing your stones. Fire is instant and can consume objects weak to its burn in a matter of minutes. Its no wonder its the quickest and probably one of the most effective ways to clear your crystals and stones by letting your crystals bathe in its purifying smoke.
- Light the end of your smudge stick being careful and using general fire safety. Having a smudge pot or bowl handy to catch the burning embers is more than wise.
- Allow the smoke to bathe your crystals and release all negative energy.
- Repeating a cleansing affirmation can increase the effectiveness. You can say something as simple as, "I cleanse you now of all negative energy."
Fresh Water Method
Bathing or soaking your crystals in fresh water or salty sea water to bathe and purify them and restore them to good health. This method is not for crystals and stones weak to water elements such as Selenite and Malachite. Avoid water on these types of crystals.
- Fresh water from rain, a lake, or the sea is the best for this purpose. If you must and are in more of a hurry to get your stones cleansed without another method to use then filtered water or running water from your tap may suffice.
- You may leave your water safe stones for a soak for 24 hours or if your intuition tells you that they only need a bath and you haven't been using them in a lot of energy work then you may bathe them under cool fresh running water or just bath them in salt water.
Returning your crystals and stones to the earth by burying them for a few days allowing Mother Earth to cleanse and recharge them. Again this method is not good for crystals that are prone to water damage. If you insist on burying them anyway make sure to wrap them up tight and protect them from holding moisture. This method is very good for grounding stones such as smokey quartz and most all black stones like tourmaline.
- This method will clear all unwanted energies and mother earth cradles them in her nurturing energies. To clear them you must allow them to stay buried for a least a few days.
- If your intention is to also charge them you will want to leave them longer for about a week or even up to a month if you feel the need. Allow your intention to guide you. There is no concrete science when working with your crystals. They all have their own personalities and individualities.
Reiki, Companion Stone, Flower Petals Soak, and Third Eye Methods
Reiki Energy Method
The act of healing your crystals of unwanted negative energies by channeling healing universal life force energy. You do not have to be a Reiki master to accomplish this method.
- The intention is key here, so set your intent to heal and imagine pure white light being channeled into the stones healing them of any and all negative energies they are holding restoring them to their most brilliant selves.
Companion Stone Method
Placing your crystals and stones on top of another crystal known for its clearing or charging ability; stones such as clear quartz crystal clusters or carnelian.
- Place the stones to be cleared on top of the crystal or stone that will be doing the clearing.
- Allow them to stay at least one to two days or until your intuition guides you to remove them.
Flower Petals Soak Method
A lesser well known but still effective method of using flower petals such as rose petals to soak in water with your crystals.
- Advance prepared Rose Water is popular for this method.
- Taking special note not to use this method for stones that are weak to water feel free to leave your crystals in this soothing bath as long you like. Usually, 24 hours is sufficient.
- Other flowers can be used in place of rose petals such as flower petals from your own flower garden. Using flowers that you've grown can add a special connection or touch this method.
Third Eye Method
A type of meditative breathing using your Third Eye called Third Eye Breathing using a visualization of white light to breath in and out of your Third Eye holding your crystals and stones at your third eye cleansing them.
- You may like to use a guided meditation such as an alpha state mediation to allow you to connect with your higher self. Then while in Alpha state continue your breathing and visualize white light. Let this pure white healing light breathe into your crystals while holding them up to your third eye.
- You may do this as long as you like until you feel that your stones are cleared and restored to their brilliance. I like to do this before setting them out in the full moon. The lunar energy will assist with further clearing your stones and recharging them. When I use this method I am hoping to speed the process of clearing them so that I can use them again after being recharged in the full moon.
In doing anything with metaphysical crystals and stones or energy work I believe half the work is achieved through intention. The intention being a connection to the good work that we are doing and our desired results. The other half is physical and non-physical elements and science, for example using fresh water to cleanse your crystals but remembering that we are not only physically cleansing them of any physical debris that may have collected but energetically clearing them of impurity and negativity.
When working with crystals and different types of stones with varying properties intention and intuition is always needed to achieve your desired results. So in using this guide or recipe to cleanse or charge your crystals and stones remember that this is only a guide to help you learn to respect and care for them as you would yourself and that variations may exist for the method you choose or the length of time needed to cleanse or charge your particular stone. Trust in yourself and intuition to help you along your path to caring for them. Allow the stones to help you connect with your higher self and through this connection, you will always be successful.
Learn how to create a Smudge Stick of White Sage
- White Sage for Spiritual Energy Clearing
White Sage is the most effective type of smudge to use for clearing the energy in your personal space, your aura, and your home.
Cleansing your crystals
Which method works best for you?
© 2014 Guided Abundance