Coconut Water - Why You Should Be Drinking It
Coconut Water - The Healthier Alternative To Sports Drinks
Coconut water is one of the earth's greatest and healthiest drinks for hydration.
Don't let the word "coconut" scare you into thinking that coconut water is full of fat.
As a matter of fat coconut water is virtually Fat Free.
I first learned about it when our family was living on Kauai.
(that's a photo of my son, when he was 3, carrying a green coconut, that we opened and shared later on in the day).
On this page you'll find facts that you probably didn't know about this refreshing drink & why you should be drinking it.
And YES!! It does make a good choice when you are on a diet.
* Natural energy drink
* Contains more electrolytes than most sports drinks (5 different electrolytes)
* Low in calories
* Virtually Fat Free
* Contains more potassium than a banana (almost 15 times) and can help prevent hypertension
* Keep urinary infections in check
* Kills intestinal worms
* High in fiber - about 2.6 grams in 8 ounces
* High in calcium (about 6% of the daily recommended value for a 2,000 calorie diet)
* Helps with water retention and as as a diuretic
* Helps to boost your metabolism - I like that!
* May Help to control diabetes and promote weight loss
* High in riboflavin, vitamin C, chloride, thiamin (water soluble vitamn B), manganese & phosphorus
* Contains no cholesterol
* Helps to balance PH levels
* May help with kidney stones
* Will help with poor circulation
* Helps to move oxygen, vitamins and prescriptions throughout the body
* Helps to regulate your body temperature
* Hydrates effectively and doesn't put a strain n the kidneys
* Detoxifies the body and intestinal tract
* Helps to promote a healthy immune system
* It is considered an anti-viral, anti-microbial and may decrease cancer risk
and on and on.
As you can see coconut water has many heath benefits and many countries rely on it for their main beverage and is considered a more healthy beverage than orange juice or milk. Speaking of milk, the minimal fat that it does contain is lauric acid which is found in mother's milk.
Coconut Water contains on average only
46 calories per 8 ounce serving
We would like to know
Have you ever tasted coconut water?
Natures version is so similar to
human blood plasma that
it has been used as a
substitute for blood plasma
and used in transfusions
Instant Coconut Water
What do you get when you want to save money and be more Eco-friendly while still enjoying your favorite beverage?
You get it in it's powered form!
When you are shipping beverages in their liquid form you burn a large amount of fuel and that is hard on the environment and also hard on your wallet. But when you ship it in a powered form you are only shipping the ingredients and not the water which weights less and takes up less space.
When you are ready to use, just add purified or filtered water.
The nutritional factors of packaged coconut water may vary from company to company.
Be sure to read the label to make sure that it does not contain any additional sugar
(it doesn't need any)
Please take our quick poll
If you're a fan of coconut water what is your favorite fruit blend
Coconut water is low in carbs
Coconut water comes from young, immature, green coconuts.
As the coconut ages the water turns into coconut milk.