U-Shaped Body Pillow
Comfort-U Pregnancy Body Pillow
So you are pregnant and although beside yourself with happiness, you are longing for the back pain and hip pain and heavy legs and feet to go away and you wish you could find a comfortable position in bed and finally get a good night's sleep without your huge belly in the way? Then you will be delighted with the Comfort-U total body maternity pillow. It is specially designed to curve around your body and support the parts that need it the most, like your back and belly. It is large enough to make you feel really comfortable and pampered, but not that large that it will take up most of the bed and chase your partner away. It is so flexible that you can bend it and twist it in as many ways as you can think of to find the most comfortable position for you.
I had one exactly like the one featured on this page when I was pregnant and after some experimentation I found out that what worked best with me was to use the center of the U to support my head and neck, one of the U's legs to support my back, with the end going between my ankles and the other leg of the U going around my tummy to support it and between my knees or thighs to keep down the temperature and ease the pain in my hips.
Comfort-U Pregnancy Body Pillow
The pillow actually consists of three parts, which you can see when you take off the cover. This way, after your baby is born, and provided that you can go back to sleeping without it, you may use the three separate pillows as a support for you and the baby when nursing, as bolsters to prevent the baby from rolling over or falling when it is a little older, or as a body pillow for the baby later on.
Comfort - U maternity pillow main features
After buying this body pillow and using it during your pregnancy, you will wonder how you ever managed without it! This is a must-buy for all expecting mothers
- The pillow measures 48 x 18 x 12 inches and weights 8 pounds/4kgr
- Very good value for money, provides full support and quick relief from back pain, hip pain and leg pain during pregnancy
- The Comfort-U Body Pillow was designed by Jean Kelly, RN suffering of firbromylagia and is very useful as a pain relief measure for such patients
- Can be used in a wide variety of ways, both during and after pregnancy
- The pillowcase included with the pillow is good quality, smooth and nice to touch. The zipper is located on the outside of the pillow case, so it will not be uncomfortable against your body
- The pillow case included with the product is quite easy to wash and dry and will not shrink, so fitting back the pillow inside after washing is very straightforward
- Will fit well in a King or Queen size bed, a little tight for double beds
- Extra pillow cases may be bought separately
cotton pillowcases in a choice of four colors
Fleece pillowcases in a choice of four colors
Pros and Cons of the Comfort-U maternity pillow
One of the best rated U-shaped total body pillows, the Comfort-U maternity pillow has an average rating of 4 stars on more than a hundred customer reviews. Most customers are very happy with their purchase and refuse to part with their body pillow even for short overnight trips
The Comfort-U full body pillow seems to instantly and drastically reduce back/hip/leg pain due to pregnancy or other reasons and significantly improve quality of sleep
- Pro:The Comfort-U maternity pillow can really help you achieve a more comfortable and painless sleeping posture
- Pro: The pillow has many uses, even if you are no longer pregnant
- Pro: The pillow is not only intended for pregnant women, or even only for women. Many men with chronic back ache have reported experiencing significant pain relief after using the Comfort-U body pillow
- Pro: The Comfort-U pillow is so comfortable to sleep with, that many customers say that they would never part with it, even after the birth of their baby
- Con: The pillow is quite large and can take up a lot of space in bed
- Pro: Like with all U-shaped pillows, it is like having a full body pillow on either side of you, so there is no need to move the pillow every time you turn around in bed
- Con: The Comfort-U maternity pillow only comes with one pillow case. If you want more, you have to buy them separately
Overall, the Comfort-U full body pillow is an excellent choice for expecting mums and not only, and really good value for money. It has so many different uses that you should not feel you are spending a lot of money for just a few months of pregnancy
Have you ever used a full body pillow? What do you think of them?
© 2012 Aquamarine18