Hydrotherapy Detoxify Yourself Easily
Detoxify Your Body With Hydrotherapy
Let me introduce you to 3 simple ways to detoxify yourself using Hydrotherapy! Okay, so what is Hydrotherapy? Well, let me give you a simple definition.
Hydrotherapy is the internal and external use of water in the treatment of disease and has many health benefits! Benefits include increased blood circulation and relief from pain and inflammation caused by arthritis and rheumatoid conditions. It can also increase the body's immune system response and aid in the body's productions of certain endorphins. These endorphins can reduce the effects of stress, improve sleep, and prevent headaches and of course a detox hydrotherapy bath can relax you.
Hydrotherapy is quickly becoming very popular! You can even save money by using the advantage of using these three simple way to detoxify yourself by using hydrotherapy at home, as opposed to visiting expensive spas which offer essentially the same treatments.
Detoxify Your Body In The Bath
Hydrotherapy at Home
Using a bath to detoxify your body has been a ancient remedy used by many cultures. The main principal of using a detox bath is to eliminate toxins, (many toxins are excreted from our bodies through sweating) and absorb minerals and other nutrients in the water.
Here are my suggested steps to use a bath to detox yourself!
To work successfully, plan to have at least 30-40 minutes to relax in your tub. The first 15 to 20 minutes are needed to absorb the minerals from the water. It is important that you are well hydrated before getting into the bath and that you drink water during the bath!
- Have at least a 16 ounce glass of water nearby and make sure that you drink it.
- If you can use a chlorine filter to fill your tub with warm water that is comfortable for you.
- Add 1/4 cup of Epsom Salts to the water. When absorbed through your skin, not only do Epsom Salts help reduce swelling, calm the nervous system and relax muscles, it also helps draws toxins from your body!
- Add 1 and half cups of Baking Soda which reduces the chlorine in your water and helps with the absorption of minerals..
- (Optional: use aromatherapy)..To make your bathing experience, more enjoyable, add 5 to 15 drops of your favorite essential oil Suggested oils to use are Orange blossom (energy), Lavender (relaxing effect), Eucalyptus (added detoxifying effect, etc
- Mix the water thoroughly and get in your tub and relax. You will start to sweating in the first few minutes. Even though you do want a good sweat, do not sweat for more than 15 minutes tops. If you are too hot, start adding cool water.
- Try and sit in the tub for the next 15 minutes as the water cools but do not let get cold, keep the temperature comfortable.
- Be careful as you get out of the tub as you may be light headed and very relaxed.
- To help continue the detoxification effect, wrap yourself in a warm robe or blanket.
- Try a detox bath one to two times a week!
Detoxify on Amazon
Another great form of therapy is Aromatherapy. Here are a few suggested Aromatherapy reference books to check out.
Using a Shower To Detoxify
Probably the easiest way to detoxify yourself or at least the cheapest!
To detoxify yourself using hydrotherapy in the shower, the basic principal is to alternate between cold and hot water. Sounds pretty easy to do, right? The hot water boosts metabolism, dilate blood vessels and enhances detoxification especially those parts of the body that are typically sluggish!
Here are my suggested steps on how to use a shower to detox yourself!
- Take a hot shower for approximately 2 to 3 minutes and then..
- Take a cold shower for approximately 1 minute
- Repeat 2 to 3 times
- End with a cold shower
- Dry yourself immediately after the shower.
Baths on Amazon
Detoxify in a Sauna!
Not as expensive as it seems!
Not only has saunas have been used by many cultures and for numerous years to detoxify the body but to rejunenate the mind and body and also as therapy for many ailments!
Due to technological advances and the new infrared saunas available, saunas recently have become more popular. That is because infrared saunas use radiant heat, they directly heat objects as opposed to the air around it. This feature allows you to stay in the sauna longer which increases the benefits and gives the users a more comfortable and relaxing time.
To help with arthritis, fibromyalgia, weight loss, detoxification, heart disease, bursitis and many other diseases/illnesses, many health professionals recommend the use of infrared saunas!
With many sizes available and since most suppliers provide financing, even the price of owning your own saunas are becoming more affordable
Even if you don't have the priviledge of owning your own sauna, why not, visit your favorite health club, gym or any place that have public saunas!
Home Saunas - Sweat out the impurities
I love comments from my visitors and your feedback is always appreciated.
May be you are new to Squidoo? Why not Join Squidoo. It's free, easy, and fun to build pages here, and you can earn money for yourself or your favorite charity doing it.
Last but not least, a great way to make friends!