- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Easy Do It Yourself Home Remedies
A home remedy is an alternative practice to medicine, but it does not replace pharmaceutical products. It is a treatment to help cure an ailment that usually make use of common items found at home. Some of these are now widely used and give instant relief. It does not necessarily make use of herbs, plants or medicinal properties. It utilizes things that can aid in relieving the pain. There are no known medical researches to support these remedies. It is still advisable to consult your medical doctors if the illness still persists. Below are some easy do-it-yourself home remedies.
Mosquito or Insect Bites
These are not really serious cases. You apply treatment to relieve discomfort from the itchiness. However, do seek medical help for severe problems such as poisonous spider bites. Here are simple steps to remedy it.
A. Make Use of Toothpaste
1. Wash the affected area with soap and warm water.
2. Put a small amount of toothpaste in the affected area.
3. Let it dry for a few minutes.
4. Repeat step 2 to 3 as needed.
5. You will feel an instant relief of itchiness caused by the mosquito or insect bites.
B. Make Use of Baking Soda
1. Mix ¼ teaspoon of baking soda with a small amount of water to form a paste.
2. Rub a small amount of baking soda paste in the affected area.
3. Let it dry for a few minutes. Repeat step 2 as needed.
4. Check if you were relieve from the skin itchiness. It should be gone in a few minutes.
C. Make Use of Ice Water
- Soak the affected area in ice water for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. You may also use a cold wash cloth or cold towel to sooth the pain.
- Repeat process as needed. You will feel relief from any discomfort or skin irritation.
The medical treatment for a burn will depend on its severity or extent of the blister. It may be categorized into a first degree, second degree or third degree. It is recommended that patient should consult professional help for severe burns. Below is a simple remedy that can only be applied to a first degree or minor burns at home.
- Gently wash the affected parts of the body in cool tap water for approximately 30 to 45 seconds. This will stop the heat extent and control the pain. (This first step is applicable up to the second degree burn.)
- Use a triple antibiotic ointment to heal the burnt area and to avoid possible infection.
- However, you may use a small amount of white or mint toothpaste if you do not have an antibiotic ointment. The menthol in the toothpaste will help control the inflammation, but it may not aid infection. It will only relieve the pain from the burn.
You may click this link to check out other health hubs.
- Fiber Rich Foods
What is fiber? The term fiber (also spelled as fibre in British) comes from the Latin word fibra, meaning . . . It is also called as . . . In laymens term, I shall define fiber as the nutrients or . . .
- 3 Conventional Herbal Remedies
It is commonly known that HERBAL REMEDIES is an alternative practice to medicine. We use herbs and plants to treat various illnesses. However, this is not a remedy to replace pharmaceutical products. It...
Sore throat can be very irritating. It may be caused by bacteria, common viruses or sinus drainage. Breathing through the mouth can also caused dryness and soreness of the throat. You should check your doctor if your ailment last for more than a week. However, here is a simple step that you can do at home to aid you with temporary relief.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of salt with 1 cup of warm water. Dissolve it completely.
- Gargle using the salt and water mixture at least 3 to 5 times a day.
- Repeat step 1 to 2 for at least 3 days as needed, but not more than 6 days. Consult your doctor if soreness still persists.
- Gargling can help moisten the soreness of your throat and can provide temporary relief of discomfort.
Note: You can also prepare the same salt and water mixture and drink it if you have diarrhea. This will help you prevent dehydration in case you don't have an available oral dextrose at home.
I have tried using these simple steps at home. It did work for me. It helps you to ease out the pain. However, it is recommended that you consult your health care professional before doing these remedies to prevent any medical complications.