Dry Skin Brushing For Whole Body Health
Eliminate Toxins and Celulite
Dry skin brushing is a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to exfoliate your skin and detoxify your body.
The skin which is sometimes referred to as the 3rd kidney is the largest elimination organ and is responsible for ridding the body of 1 to 2 pounds of toxins everyday! Skin that is clogged with waste and dead cells cannot properly perform this function. If toxins are unable to escape through the skin they can be stored in fat cells, contributing to cellulite, they can also be re-circulated back into the blood stream, overworking the kidneys, liver and other detox organs.
When this happens you may experience rashes, acne, hives, itchiness, body odor, or even eczema and psoriasis. Just a few minutes of dry skin brushing each day will assist the lymphatic system in eliminating toxins, stimulate circulation, and speed up the internal cleansing of the body!
A real plus for me is how soft my skin feels after brushing, I no longer need to put on lotion!
Benefits Of Dry Skin Brushing
All This in Just Minutes A Day!
Your body will have an improved ability to combat bacteria, and you will help your skin to look and feel healthier and more resilient!
Â· Tightens and Softens Skin.
Â· Improves Digestion.
Â· Assists in reducing cellulite deposits.
Â· Stimulates Circulation.
Â· Increases Cell Renewal.
Â· Promotes better Muscle Tone
Â· Reduces Skin Infections
Â· Cleans the Lymphatic System.
Â· Removes Dead Skin Layers, Tones and Tightens the Skin.
Â· Strengthens the Immune System.
Â· Improves Exchange between Cells.
Â· Stimulates the Hormone & Oil Glands.
Â· Stimulates better blood and lymph circulation for a lymphatic cleanse.
Â· Stimulates nerve endings in the skin while also energizing the nervous system.
Â· Nurtures the body
See How It's Done - Watch and Learn
Choosing and Caring For A Brush
The Right Brush Makes All the Difference
When choosing a body brush for dry skin brushing, you will want to choose a natural bristle brush as synthetic bristles can scratch the skin and actually produce toxins themselves. Body brushes generally come in two different styles - ones that fit in the palm of your hands and ones with a handle on them. Body brushes with handles work well on the back of your body, but may be a little difficult to use in close in areas such as your feet. Choose the stiffest bristles you can stand. The stiffer the bristles are on your body brush, the better as you will be able to generate more lymphatic system stimulation. If your skin is really delicate currently, you may have to work your way up to a stiffer brush over time.
It is a good idea to clean a dry-skin brush with soap and water every few weeks, in the same way one would clean a regular hairbrush. After cleaning the dry-skin brush, allow the brush to dry in a well-ventilated place. It is also worth getting a dry-skin brush which has a hole in the handle, as this can then be used to hang it up.
How To Use A Dry Skin Brush
1. Brush your DRY body (brushing when wet stretches the skin) before you shower or bathe, preferably in the morning.
2. Always start with the bottom of your feet first with brisk circular motions. Acupuncturists will tell you that the nerves in the soles of your feet are connected to every other area of your body.
3. Using long sweeping strokes brush all the way up your legs, then over your abdomen, buttocks, and back, always brushing TOWARD the heart.
4. If you have cellulite on your hips and thighs, concentrate there a little longer. For complete dissolving of cellulite, brush for 10 minutes daily for several months.
5. When brushing your stomach and abdominal area, use counter-clockwise strokes.
6. Lightly brush circles around breasts...DO NOT brush nipples.
7. When you reach your arms, begin at your fingers and brush up your arms, toward your heart, make circles in your arm-pits. Brush your shoulders and chest down, always toward your heart.
8. Avoid brushing anywhere the skin is broken or where you have a rash, infection, cut or wound.
9. Finish by taking a shower.
10. Dry off vigorously and if you choose, massage pure plant oils into your skin such as almond, sesame, avocado, coconut, olive or cacoa butter.
Vital Chi Skin-Brushing can sustain or reestablish the skin’s functional integrity and youthful glow. The skin is as major an organ as the heart, lungs and kidneys. Its primary functions include: respiration, excretion, blood and lymph circulation, immunity and the conduction of vital chi. However, unlike other vital organs, the skin can be non-invasively accessed and mediate systemic rejuvenation by a variety of therapeutic techniques, including proper skin-brushing. Vital Chi Skin-Brushing is a particularly powerful therapy which can positively impact the entire body.
Not only is the Vital Chi Skin-Brushing System good for your body, it also feels wonderful, being at once invigorating and relaxing. The skin feels alive and the skin-brusher feels revitalized in mind and body. In the realm of natural healing, few things are so dynamic, rejuvenating, and inexpensive. This Program can serve as a central feature on the road to longevity and true health.
Many thanks to ajgodinho for the Squid Angel Blessing!