Why It Is Important To Treat Depression At The Earliest
All of us go through ups and downs in life and there is hardly any individual in this world irrespective of gender or class who has not experienced depression. Most of us go through depressed periods in life and these could be due to certain factors or events that trigger this condition.
The various signs of this condition include
• Feeling worthless.
You might encounter such emotions at different point of time in your life but if this feeling of inadequacy does not go away and you experience prolonged bouts of depression then it is time to sit up, take notice and get treatment.
If left untreated it can affect all aspects of your life. So what are the signs of this condition and how does one come to know of it? The signs that indicate you are in depressed include:
• Inability to concentrate and complete tasks that were previously finished within minutes,
• Lack of sleep or sleeping all the time,
• Inability to control negative thoughts,
• Short tempered and irritable,
• Feeling helpless and having suicidal tendencies,
• Overeating or losing appetite for no apparent reason
• Losing interest in every aspect of life.
Dealing with this is quite easy if one is able to recognize the causes and factors that have led to this state of mind. Stress and depression are known to be a deadly cocktail and are the main cause for suicidal tendencies among individuals.
The causes, signs and symptoms of this condition may vary in men, women, older people and teenagers. There are different symptoms to this disorder and hence the treatment also differs accordingly. The cause of this condition includes:
• Financial problems,
• Problems in marriage,
• Childhood abuse,
• Health problems,
• Alcohol or drug use,
• Any members of the family suffering from this disorder (heredity in some cases)
• Lack of social support from peers, friends and loved ones.
Self help is possible if you are able to identify the root cause of the problem and deal with it accordingly. The treatments may vary depending on the type of depression that one suffers from and you may need medication in the form of anti-depressants. You may also need to seek professional help to help you win the battle against this disorder. If left untreated, it can cause a lot of physical and mental pain.