- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
Diabetes is known as silent killer. It affects nerves, blood vessels, muscles, eyes, kidneys, heart and hearing capacity. Here are few tips to control diabetes.
1. Reduce intake of sweets, refined flour, polished rice and other foods which are rich in sugar and carbohydrates.
2. Avoid fast foods, deep fried foods and soft drinks which cause obesity. Obesity leads to increased blood sugar level. An obese person is more likely to get diabetes in early age than a person with normal weight.
3. Increase physical activities. Increased physical activities help to reduce weight. Exercises, gardening, outdoor sports, cleaning house, brisk walking etc help to control blood sugar level. Exercises help to increase sensitivity of cells to insulin.
4. Include lots of whole grains, minor millets, vegetables and fruits in your diet. They provide fibers which help to control blood sugar and cholesterol. These foods make a best diet for people who are on weight loss program.
5. Eat tender neem leaves, neem flowers in morning (preferably in empty stomach).
6. Get your blood sugar level checked once in 3 months.
7. Consult your physician before starting any diet.