WONDERFUL GUAVA LEAVES
Introduction: I think I should not say much about guava, It’s a common fruit and it’s a well known source of vitamins and vital nutrients, it’s said that a ripe guava is equal to four apples. But how many of us know about the guava leaves and its wonders. It’s an easily available thing and very few know about its wonderful properties and uses.
SCIENTIFIC RELEVANCE: Its from the myrtle family, it’s a common in the Mexico and America, but now its naturalized in Indian subcontinent, Africa and Caribbean ,the guava belongs to the family of pomegranate, which is also common in these areas.
INDIAN CONTEXT: Guava is commonly known as amrood or bihi in India and grows in abundance in Indian subcontinent...
FOCUS: Guava leaves: guava leaves have some wonderful medicinal properties which are safe and also effective. They are discussed below:
- Its an excellent mouth freshener and can readily replace any toothpaste or other cosmetic tooth remedy .how to: Its just simple to use, a fresh tender guava leave can be chewed to paste and then rubbed on the gums with fingers, it’s a very common morning mouth freshener in India and its so effective that any one practicing it once is bound to love it, it’s a potent germs killer and people practicing it regularly do not need to see their dentist, so it can be said “a guava leave a day, keeps the dentist away”.
- The guava leaves concoction is an effective remedy for diarrhea, it can be made by boiling fresh leaves in water, and the concoction can be stored as refrigerated for future use. it's a poor man’s remedy for diarrhea and have indeed worked as a life saver in many occasions
- It’s a proven remedy for type two diabetes and in Japan its extracts are used commonly to reduce blood sugar levels and indeed its extracts is successfully marketed by herbal medicine vendors as a natural remedy for diabetes; any form of intake of the guava leaves is bound to benefit the diabetics.
- Obesity is another disease which can be managed successfully by the guava leaves and its extracts. The guava leaves tea is an excellent dieting supplement and effective in reducing body weight. Thus it has a double impact on diabetes
- The guava leaves extracts have shown potential effect against the prostate cancer And the subject is a new buzzword in the cancer management circles around the world in the recent times.
- The guava leaves have a wide spread use as a liver and jaundice remedy in India,researche has proved the liver protective properties of the guava leave extract ,thus it can be consumed as a liver tonic
- Its a proven remedy for a wide spectrum of skin ailments,Egzima, to be more precise is well treated with guava leave extracts,its very effective as a local application treatment for psoriasis also.
It’s an excellent antioxidant and thus has sure shot benefits against many body ailments and has a protective property against some serious ailments
All said and done, but one thing is for sure, that is the leaves are not behind the fruit itself in terms of the benefits it has for the human species, if we just can bear its little harsh taste, then the leaves can be our daily health supplement., and that’s not a big deal I believe for all the health conscious people out there and believe me it does not taste “bad” at all.
The guava leave extract are one of the most easily available nature’s health tonic and there is no reason to overlook it.
Conclusion: The chief reason for the growing interest among the people toward the natural remedies are their having no side effects on human body and also the effectiveness .The ancient knowledge of herbs and nature are now coming to the forefront of medical remedies for some of the most daunting unsolved challenges of the modern medical science, the only step required is a harmony between the two and that’s actually seems to be happening in the recent times.