Healthy Mango and Passion-fruit Sorbet Dessert Recipe
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 6 hours
Ready in: 6 hours 10 min
Yields: Serves 4
- 500ml Apple Juice
- 105g Caster Sugar
- 430g Sliced Mango in light syrup from can
- 125ml Passion-fruit pulp
- 125ml Water
- 4 Egg Whites
- Combine the apple juice , sugar and water together in a pan on medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Simmer a little longer for about 10 minutes until the syrup is slightly thicker but do not let the syrup change color.
- Drain the syrup from the canned mango and blend the syrup till it is smooth.
- Add and stir the mango and passion-fruit into the sugared syrup.
- Pour the mixture into a 8 x 12 in/ 20 x 30 cm pan. Cover the pan with foil and freeze till it is firm.
- Use an electric mixture to beat the sorbet mixture until it is thick and fluffy.Return the mixture back to the pan , cover with foil and freeze till it is firm again.
- Take the pan out and repeat the sorbet beating process in a large mixing bowl , adding egg whites one at a time , beating until it turns fluffy.
- Return the mixture to the pan , cover and freeze till it is firm again and it is ready to be served.