Health Benefits of Lemons and Lemon Pith
Serious Health Benefits of Lemons and Lemon Pith
Health benefits of lemons are amazing and so are lemon pith health benefits. This simple health guide points out how easy it actually is to use lemons for a great majority of health and hygienic purposes.
In stead of taking drugs to fight flue or reaching for aggressive chemicals to clean your house use lemons and don't leave them be merely a decoration in the fruit bowl on your kitchen table.
Enjoy your visit and enjoy lemons!
What is lemon all about?
All health benefits of lemons come from vitamin C you might think, but you would be wrong. Yes, this super important vitamin IS what made lemon famous in the past, but there's a few more healing ingredients that has made this little yellow fellow such an appreciated fruit throughout the history.
Besides being a real vitamin C treasury, lemon is rich in minerals (Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zink and Iron), group B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9), fiber, sugar (the good one) and pectin, but that's not all either.
All parts of this fruit are beneficial
Each part has its own healing properties:
Lemon rind (zest) contains very aromatic essential oil that's great for aromatherapy and skincare and it's used in cosmetic and toiletry industry.
Pulp is made of lots of soft membrane chambers containing lemon juice and this strong fluid contains well known citric acid, very healthy for our digestion.
Finally, but not less important is lemon pith. Many people out there ask themselves is lemon pith good for you. Yes, it is. This is a white bitter inner rind that protects the juicy part of the fruit (pulp), but that is not its only value. The pith contains so called bioflavonoids (lat. flavus = yellow), compounds responsible for the yellow color of the zest not only of lemons, but of all citruses. Bioflavonoids are extremely healthy when it comes to elasticity of blood vessels and capillaries, but also for fighting allergies, inflammations and even cancer. In other words, when you consume lemon be sure to eat the pith even if you don't like its bitterness.
So what are the health benefits of lemons?
Health, beauty and hygiene
- Cooking or drinking - From a good old lemonade, lemon cheesecake or a lemon pie, to simply a few drops over a fish or a meat steak, lemon is broadly used as a valuable culinary ingredient all over the world. More importantly, consummation on a daily basis provides body with so important vitamin C and fibers, both necessary for a healthy immune system.
- Hair, face and body care - Facial sun spots, acne, pale or lifeless looking skin, dull hair, broken capillaries and even cellulite ; these are all indications for using the healing power of lemon. As a pure juice or an aromatic oil, as a treatment, a balm or a tonic, lemon can significantly improve any of these conditions, by helping you regain lost vitality, moisture and radiance.
- Medical purposes - Lemon helps both by preventing, but also easing number of diseases, chronic ailments and acute conditions. Alone or combined with other powerful remedies such as apple vinegar, garlic and onion, lemon successfully fights flue, bronchitis, diarrhea, high blood pressure and cholesterol, migraine, hay fever and many more.
- Household cleaning and freshening - Lemon is great ally when it comes to fighting dirt, limestone, grease or bad odors. Its main component - citric acid - resolves all the common household types of sediments and can even beat glue stains. Environment friendly and yet very strong in its action, once introduced into everyday household care, it stays there for good.
Drink Warm Lemon Water First Thing Every Morning!
Squeeze half a lemon into a glass of warm (not hot) water first thing after you get up in the morning and drink it all at once. Warm water is the best bowel movements stimulator and fresh lemon juice greatly helps liver to produce bile which is important for digestion. This is the simple truth behind the lemon water weight loss.
In addition to that, this healthy habit can help you get rid of unpleasant symptoms such as heartburn and bloating.
Enjoy Lemon Juice Benefits With This Great Little Fruit Juicer
This is a very good compact type of automatic fruit juicer, with detachable 27 oz pitcher showing the juice level. One of its best features is the reverse running option which helps you get the most juice possible. Drip free spout is also something I find very important about juicers and this model has it.
Try Lemon Juice in Hair - Lemon Juice Hair Treatment
This is an old homemade hair treatment recipe for dull and lifeless looking hair I've learned from my grandmother.
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups (32 fl. oz.) of water
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- Squeeze the lemon.
- Add the lemon juice to the water first and olive oil after that. Make sure the mixture reaches the body temperature before applying it to your hair.
- Gently massage the treatment into the hair and wrap it with a towel.
- Leave it for 30 to 45 minutes,
- Wash your hair thoroughly.
Lemon Benefits For Skin - Look How Easy and Healthy It is to Use Them
Lemons are great first aid for headache
Did you know that lemon rind can help you ease or eliminate your headache? The only thing you should make sure is to have the lemon that hasn't been treated with any chemicals, since you'll be putting the rind directly onto your temples. Now, there are two ways of doing this:
1. peel the lemon, take only the peel itself and massage your temples with the outer (yellow) side of it and the essential oil will do the job :) or
2. peel the lemon, but peel the pith too, so that the rind is left yellow from the inside too and then massage your temples with this inner side - the effect of oil penetrating your skin is pretty much the same
Note: maybe that's understandable, but there's no harm in mentioning it - wash the lemon thoroughly before peeling it :)
Learn the Temples Massage
Did you know?
It takes about 90 lemons to extract a single ounce of essential oil?
Aromatic Health Benefits of Lemons - Lemon Scent Aromatherapy
If you like the scent of lemons you will enjoy this essential oil, especially when it spreads around the house. It's refreshing, calming and it gives a clean touch to your home atmosphere.
Clean Your Microwave With Lemon
An Unusual Cleaning Set - Now It's Really Easy To Clean With Lemons
Are you ready to get serious about cleaning with lemons and finally get rid of all those horrible chemicals around the house? Then this is the best way to start. These are spray bottles with built in lemon juicer (fits all 3 containers), one mixing bottle, a microfiber cloth, 2 lemon reamers and a nice recipe booklet to teach you of some great natural ways of cleaning your home, clothes, car etc.
Watch How You Store Lemons!
Make sure you store lemons in a cool, dry and dark place like refrigerator, if you want them to keep their freshness longer. Keeping them in a fruit bowl on the kitchen counter at room temperature can do only if you're planning to use them within the next couple of days.