Health Benefits of Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans)
Nutmeg (Scientific name: Myristica fragrans, Family: Myristicaceae) is used as flavouring agent and condiment. This valuable spice consists of the dried kernels of the seeds.
Dried seed, nutmeg, arillus surrounding the seed, mace and wood
- Contains a volatile oil, fat, starch, proteins, ash and mucilage.
- Fixed oil is called butter of nutmeg consists of myristin and myristic acid.
- Essential oil contains myristicene and myristicol.
- Contains a volatile oil, resin, fat, sugar, destrin and mucilage.
- Essential oil of mace is of a yellowish colour and consists of macene
Health Benefits of Myristica fragrans (Nutmeg)
Nutmeg is aromatic, carminative, stimulant. Mace is carminative and aphrodisiac
1. Nutmeg improves circulation of blood in the body, helping to stimulate the brain.
2. Nutmeg improves the condition of cardiovascular diseases.
3. Nutmeg oil is effective as a liver tonic.
4. Nutmeg oil is main ingredient in herbal toothpaste. It can treat dental problems like toothache and gum problems.
5. Nutmeg concentrate oil is used as rubefacient.
6. It can act as an antiseptic.
7. Nutmeg is an effective pain reliever.
8. Prevent colds and cough.
9.Nutmeg oil is applied to the body to sooth aching joints and muscles.
10. Drink a cup of milk + some nutmeg powder = The perfect sleep-inducer.
Cooking with nutmeg helps to increase sexual desire
- Nutmeg recipes
Nutmeg has a warm, spicy aroma and flavour and can be used in sweet and savoury cooking. It is a component of the classic béchamel sauce and is used to flavour a host of cakes, puddings and custards.
More about Nutmeg
- What is nutmeg?
According to The Food Lover’s Companion book, “when Columbus sailed from Spain looking for the East Indies, nutmeg was one of the spices for which he was searching.” I can see why.
- Mace and Nutmeg for Magical Lovemaking
Nutmeg is especially effective in helping with male sexual disorders.It will increase sexual activity, libido and potency without any conspicuous adverse effects.Try the following recipes to find out for yourself
- Nutmeg Spice: Inhaling The Whole Truth
The effect of Nutmeg long-term in humans has not been tested. However, animals have been experimented and the findings are