Best Drinks for Healthy Breakfast Meals
We talked previously about how is important to start your day with a healthy breakfast meal, and what is the best healthy breakfast meal and also the worst breakfast meal.
And now we will talk about how is important to include drinks and juices in your breakfast meal.
Always try to include a drink (e.g. water, fruit juice, milk) in your breakfast meal to ensure start the day well hydrated.
We also hear that drinking water after wake-up and before eating breakfast meal is extremely important, because it has magical effect on entire human body, as the ancients Japanese say that we must drink about 600ml of water before eating even before brushing our teeth!
Fruit juices are a valuable addition to all healthy breakfast meals, providing vitamins like vitamin C, minerals like potassium. Fruit juice is a suitable way for all family members to help reach the optimal number of daily servings of fruits and vegetables. Just one glass of 100% fresh juice could provide a full serving of fruit!
But for those who care about their weight, the nutrition scientists advise to drink milk, because other juices have about 1 gram or less of protein per serving, whereas milk has 8 grams. Also the milk makes us feel fullness better than other juices and it is comfy for the stomach because it is more viscous than juices.
And here are some good and healthy juices recipes, choose what fit your needs and your breakfast meal:
Juice Recipe No.1:
Serves: 2 persons
- 1/2 cup mint sprigs
- 8-9 carrots, chopped
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1-2 beet(s), chopped
- Put carrots, apple, beet, and the mint sprigs in a juice extractor.
- Then stir and serve the juice immediately.
Juice Recipe No.2:
Serves: 3-4 persons
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup cold raspberries
- 1/2 - 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2-3 spoons honey
- 2 bananas
- Put ice and raspberries in the bottom of mixer, and all other ingredients on top.
- Whir until completely smooth. Then serve it!
Juice Recipe No.3:
Serves: 1-2 persons
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 ½ cup strawberries, frozen
- 1 Protein powder of your choice
- ½ Spoon ground chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon creamy roasted almond butter
- 5 drops vanilla crème stevia
- 3 ice cubes
- Mix strawberries, almond butter, coconut water and stevia in a Vitamix and blend on high.
- Blend in protein powder and ground Chia seeds, and then blend in ice cubes until smooth.
- Now it's ready to serve!
Note: if the smoothie is thick, add a little more coconut water.
Juice Recipe No.4:
Serves: 5-6 persons
- 1 liter club soda, chilled
- 2 liter ginger ale, chilled
- 3 cups pineapple juice, chilled
- 2 cups pomegranate juice, chilled
- 4 cups orange juice, chilled
- Mix pineapple juice, orange juice and pomegranate juice in a suitable-size dish. Then cover and refrigerate the mixture for no less than 2 hours. Don't forget to stir in ginger ale and club soda before serving.
- Serve punch over ice and enjoy!
Finally watch this amazing juice recipe:
Raw Food Breakfast: Green Juice - A Fast, Delicious, Nutrient Dense Raw Food Recipe (By: Jennifer Cornbleet)
And finally for juice extractor, i suggest you to take a look at this exciting one:
- Hamilton Beach 67608 Big Mouth Juice Extractor, Stainless Steel
Overwhelmed by all the juice options available today?Looking for the ideal juice drink that's fresh, free of preservatives and tastes 10 times better than store-bought juices?Take the plunge and go with Hamilton Beach's Big Mouth Pro Juice Extractor.
- As we have said above it's extremely important to include drinks in your healthy breakfast meal, we have also discussed the best drinks (water – fruit juices – milk) so you can choose what is better for you. BUT always remember you must drink 600ml of water before brushing your teeth as the Japanese say. lol :)