Healthy Living Tips - For Mind Body & Soul
Welcome to Healthy Living Lifestyle Tip - Issue #1
Welcome to Healthy Living Tips
This is a hub that will be dealing with health issues that affect the mind, body and soul. We will fill this hub with loads of healthy tips and features. Features ranging from health psychology, panic attacks, weight issues, and being body conscious, to discussing wellbeing, alternative health, major illnesses and on a light and fun note, beauty news.
From time to time we will also obtain advice from experts on various topics and will invite your questions in 'Ask the experts'.
In our first issue we discuss How a low fat diet does not give a healthy weight loss.
Low Fat Diets Do Not Give a Healthy Weight Loss
According to research, the low-fat approach to weight loss has revealed that it may not be the best way to lose weight.
At the Harvard Medical School, Scientists carried out a study of two groups of people over an 18 month period, and found that those who took part in the trial of following a low-fat diet, actually put on weight, whilst those on the Mediterranean style diet, which permitted them to saute vegetables and use olive oil on salad dishes instead of fat-free or low-fat dressing, lost weight.
The conclusion reached by the scientists was that the success of the less strict diet plan was as a result of the fact that it tasted better, so was more enjoyable, and the dieters were then less likely to stray from the program.
Don't worry you do not have to fly off to the Mediterranean to experience a healthy weight loss diet!
Follow this weight loss diet
- Choose high quality protein. Foods like eggs, fish, poultry, lean meat, tofu,pulses and vegetables.
- Add a slow release carbohydrate. You will find foods such as rye bread, wholemeal pasta, buck wheat, bulgar, oats, oatmeal and muesli in this group.
- Aim to have high quality protein and slow release carbohydrates at every meal, and five daily servings of fruit and vegetables.
- You will get essential fats from nuts, oily fish, vegetable oils and seeds. Whilst trying to lose weight limit your nut intake to 5 almonds or 3 brazil nuts per portion.
No Sugar Please!
Just because you have diabetes does not mean you have to eat tasteless and dull food. There is no need to follow a special diabetic diet, but you should ensure that your meals are low in sugar, high in fibre, with five daily portions of fruit and vegetables and essential oils.
Diabetes is a disorder that is on the rise, and is rapidly increasing in the West due to the unhealthy lifestyle of consuming processed and fast foods, too much fat consumption, sugar overload and lack of exercise.
General Dietary Advice
- Eat meals little and often with small meals and snacks, every 3 hours should be sufficient. By spreading your food intake more evenly across the day will help to stabilise your blod sugar levels.
- Base your meals on low GI carbohydrates such as wholegrain breads, wholegrain cereals, such as oats and All Bran, rice, use wholegrain basmati rice, it has a lovely flavor, and wholemeal pasta. *NB. Use potatoes sparingly.
- Increase your fibre intake. This slows down the absorption rate of sugars from your food.
- Cut down on saturated fats and be aware of hidden fats found in convenience foods and ready-prepared meals.
- Cutback on alcohol and never drink on a empty stomach.
- It's important to get a balance at meal time and inlcude protein, fats and carbs.
- Cut down on salt as it will help lower blood pressure.
Take a look at my Diabetic Cookery Club for ideas on breakfast, lunch. dinner and snacks.
Flat Belly Diet
Welcome to Healthy Living Lifestyle Tip Issue #3
Anti-Aging Without Going Under The Knife
In this superficial world that we live in the way you look means everything. The images that we see on the bill boards, the tv, in the magazines or at the cinema all portray young, smooth skinned and slim characters as the ideal. This inevitably leads to people viewing these images to crave the perfections they see, and in a bid to look younger and youthful and turn back the aging clock they try cosmetic surgery, if they can afford it, or endure botox injections, laser treatment or any one of the hordes of beauty treatments available.
As a society we have always been looking for the fountain of youth, a way in which we can slow down the aging process or stay young forever. But we do not have to resort to drastic measures to achieve this end. The power to slow down the aging process is in our hands.
You've heard the saying 'You are what you eat' well in this day and age, it rings true. We are living testaments to the saying. Just take a look around you, in the West are have ever increasing numbers of obese people, people suffering from preventable diseases, such as diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
If you consume junk food, fried food, drink copious amounts of alcohol and take no exercise, then you can be assured that after the age of 25 you will begin to age rapidly. I am not just saying this for the sake of it, but researchers have found that free radicals pillage electrons from healthy cells throughout the body, and every time they steal an electron, a healthy molecule is damaged and more free radicals are created. These free radicals damage vital genetic information within your cells, proteins in tissue and other components that keep your body running properly.
OK, enough of the science. basically what I am saying is if you stop the damaging effects of the free radicals you will be able to delay the aging process.
The good news is that nature provides its own anti-aging formulas in the form of antioxidants, which are compounds in foods that can stop free radicals from doing harm.
Antioxidants such as beta carotene and vitamin C and E are known to protect you from age-related illnesses.
Start to eat a diet that is low in sugar. Researchers have discovered that a range of age-related problems which includes wrinkes, cataracts and atherosclerosis (fatty deposits blocking your arteries) are caused by AGEs (advanced glycation endproducts) which are sugars that attach to proteins. AGEs develop within the body when you consume foods that are high in sugar. So if you want to banish or prevent those wrinkles taking hold cut out SUGAR!
If you really want to slow down the aging process follow a diet that in low in AGE and consume foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fish and low fat dairy.
Cut down your consumption of alcohol and carbonated drinks, even better avoid them altogether. Instead drink water, at least 8x8fl oz a day and natural fruit juices like pineapple, apple and orange. They hydrate the body and do not rob it of vital nutrients.
Once you are feeding the body with healthy, wholesome and natural goodness, your skin will reflect a healthy glow and all you have to do is ensure you keep it moisturized so that it remains hydrated both internally and externally.
In most instances we all need a little help, now I'm not referring to going under the knife, but to help in our daily routine of cleansing, moisturising and toning, and as we get older we need different more intense treatments. What I mean is, what you used to moisturise your skin when you were a teenager would probably not be as effective enough when your 30!
But when all is said and done, if you are not looking after yourself internally no amount of moisturiser will take away or reduce the wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness or excess fat. To be effective you have to combine the two.
Top 3 Anti-Wrinkle Products
Best Selling Anti-Wrinkle Cream for the past 3 years. Prevera is recognized around the world for its proven high quality ingredients packaged with an amazing value. The amazing wrinkle fighting ingredients include 6 peptides, 4 antioxidants and the best moisturizing and hydrating ingredients to give your skin the softest, most luxurious feel you can possibly get from a wrinkle cream.
Welcome to Healthy Living Lifestyle Tip #4
Age Defying Skincare
Smooth And Refine|
There are particular parts of the body that are prone to lines and wrinkles more than other parts, areas such as the neck of décolletage. There are many ways on how to keep this area firm and young looking, and I shall discuss some of the methods below.
Get A Skincare Habit
The skin on your neck and décolletage is very skin, and as a result begins to age faster than youface. All too often this area if neglected when it comes to moisturisation, and because it is exposed to sunlight, it tends to look weathered much sooner than the face.
- It's important to use a daily moisturiser that contains a good sunscreen.
- Exfoliate at least twice a week. This will help to keep the skin looking younger and firmer. But make sure you use a facial scrib and not a body scrub as the body scrub is too harsh for the delicate area of the neck, and if used could end up ageing the skin faster. When applying the exfoliater use it on damp skin, and make small circular movements with your fingertips.
- In order to even out pigmentation, firm up your skin, and smooth away fine lines and wrinkles, use a neck and bus firm cream or serum. To get good results this should be done daily.
Shimmer and Bronze
For special occasions try using a bronzer to give instant glam especially if your wear a low-cut dress or top.
- Apply an instant bronzer cream to your neck and chest area, taking care to blend the color well with your foundation. Apply with a dam cotton-wool pad or make-up sponge.
- Add a little dusting of shimmery body powder, concentrating on cleavage and collarbones.
Fight the signs of ageing qith Olay Total Effects Daily Thermal Skin Polisher.
It Moisturizes the face and neck to prevent signs of aging
Welcome to Healthy Living Lifestyle Tip #5
Believe In Yourself
Are you limited by your mindset? If yes challenge it and focus on those mindsets that enable you to achieve what you really want from life, and believe in yourself.
Whatever limiting beliefs you have can be changed into empowering beliefs.
Many of your beliefs come from your parents or the people around you,. Problems only arise when these thoughts hold you back from your full potential. Take the first step and create a set of beliefs that move you away from any perceived failure, towards the success you really want.
We are going to help you to believe in yourself, and start to create empowering thoughts you can believe in, and change the way you think about yourself forever. Try the 5 steps to empowerment, and mind power.
Step 1: Identify your negative beliefs
Write down one small thing you've been putting off over the past few months, or even years, either because you believe you can't do it or because you think you daren't do it. Keep it simple. For example, 'stop constantly cleaning' or 'taking regular exercise'. Once you've identified what it is write down the reasons why you have that limiting belief and why you have been not putting off changing it.
Step 2: Find out where this belief comes from
Write down the limiting belief like this. 'The limiting belief I have is' followed by... 'This belief began from when...' You should then decide what actually led you to have this limiting belief. For example, everything has to be spotless or you're not one of life's regular exercisers. This could be because you grew up in a home where you observed a parent constantly cleaning or maybe you were teased at school when taking PE, so you dislike exercise.
Step 3: Look at the consequences
When you have realised what the limiting belief is you have to realise what the limiting belief will cost you. Complete the following sentence:
'If I accept and embrace this belief, I will never be able to....And that will mean.........'
Step 4: Explore New Possibilities
Write down what you will be able to do when you change this limiting belief. For example if your limiting belief is fear of exercising in a group because you are conscious of your body size, start to believe that you can go to exercise with a group, and enjoy it. By changing your thoughts you suddenly open the door to new possibilities of exercise reducing or increasing your body size, depending on what size you are, and your will be overcome by a feeling of wellness and mental alertness.
Step 5: Believe You Can Do It.
The most important step. Complete the following sentence. 'An empowering belief I'd like to have about myself in order to achieve satisfaction and happiness is...' For example, 'I believe I can exercise in a group regularly and keep it up to achieve the change in my body shape, that I want'
Only you can achieve success
Try new ways to deal with your emtions, rather than holding on to them or putting them to the back of your mind. Experiment with meditation and exercise, or keep a diary, it can help you understand your feelings.
Exercise & Tone
Exercising and toning can make a big difference to the appearance of your décolletage. It is a fact that if the underlying pectoral muscles are fim, they will support the ligaments and tisssue which help support the breasts.
Try the following exercises they may help.
- Chest Stretches Stand with legs slightly bent, feet hip-width part, pull in your abdominals. With your back stgraight, clasp your hands behind your back. Lift your arms behind you until you feel the stretch across your chest. Hold for ten to 15 seconds. Repeat six times.
- Chest Flies Lie on your back on the floor, with knees bent up. Hold a dumb-bell in each hand. Stretch arms out to your sides, pull in your abdominal muscles and slowly lift both arms up so that they point towards the ceiling, to meet each other. Squeeze dumb-bells together and return to the floor. Do 10 to 16 repetitions, rest for a minute then repeat.
If you follow the advice set out in this hub you will have a smooth and refined neckline that will be the envy of all your friends!
Most Powerful Anti-Wrinkle Serum ever created to eliminate wrinkles safe and effectively. In several independent studies, Prototype 37-C's powerful formula has proven to be more effective at eliminating wrinkles than even Botox. With those impressive results, it's no wonder dermatologists around the world have been astounded by Prototype 37-C even recommending it as the best wrinkle fighting serum available.